usual to do a review at the end of the 5th year?

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
4 posts Page 1 of 1

clare.x

Post by clare.x » Thu Aug 26, 2010 5:33 pm
Is it usual to do a review at the end of the 5th year?

I have 1 payment remaining on my 60 montha IVA, and it's due to complete on the 4th October. I have come home today to a letter asking me to complete an I & E for the next year. I have called GT, who advised me it was for the past year, and to close down the IVA.

I was wondering whether this is normal practice, and if any of the experts could advise?

It just seems a bit pointless to go to the trouble of rounding up my P60 and payslips when I am so close to finishing.

I thought I was almost done with this now, and now it seems like it's going to drag on and on :(

MrsKnight

Post by MrsKnight » Thu Aug 26, 2010 6:25 pm
Hi there & a warm welcome to the forum from me.

I gather from reading other posts, that yes it is normal practice to wrap up an IVA with a final I&E review. I believe they do use this to I&E to review the past year.

Congratulations on getting to the end of your IVA! You have just got this final hurdle to get through & then its finally over!
Just hang on in there hun & Well Done!
Final IVA payment made in April 2013, never ever thought we could do it or get through it but we did! X

An IVA.co.uk Mentor is someone sharing from their experiences of dealing with debt

Lyns x

Shining

Post by Shining » Thu Aug 26, 2010 9:24 pm
Welcome to the forum.

I also have read on the forum that it's normal practice to complete a review at the end of the IVA, they will want to know if you've received any windfalls in the last 12 months etc.,
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

TheMatrix

Post by TheMatrix » Fri Aug 27, 2010 6:08 am
I was wondering that too, hopefully once that is done they can do the final report and close down the IVA and send you your certificate.
We're willing to wipe the slate clean, give you a fresh start. All that we're asking in return is your cooperation.
4 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”