utility bills

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
2 posts Page 1 of 1
rae25
by rae25 » Sun Jan 14, 2018 4:46 pm
I have been in an iva since last August so 10% done. Although Christmas was tough it's the first one in years I've done without debt. Now I'm starting to panic over the little things my utility deal is coming to an end so can I switch companies and will I get a good deal? Also when it comes to my annual review are there guidelines for expenses ? I remember creditfix and national debt helpline making changes to mine to allow my available income to be as low as possible . I assume they'll want bank statements and p60 and wage slips , is that all?
Thanks
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Sun Jan 14, 2018 5:09 pm
Usually the reviews look more towards income increases rather then expenditure changes, which generally only need to be evidenced if substantial. Income is checked by payslips, not all IP's look at bank statements.

In my case I only ever gave evidence for expenses when the IVA was set up --- then just popped the same figures on the I&E sheet at each review. They only saw my payslips and a copy of annual returns (as we had a small part time business as well as the PAYE).

I switched to better tariffs with my energy supplier, but did not change supplier as this would invoke credit checks.
2 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”