Vanguard annual review and F&F offer mess

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
4 posts Page 1 of 1
Mart.k
by Mart.k » Thu Jan 25, 2018 4:05 am
We proposed a full and final settlement offer and started process at beginning of November 2017 with Vanguard. I was told we didn’t need to send any info for review as we were progressing with f and f offer. I was advised that we had sent everything needed by telephone call on 10/1/18 after i received a letter to say we had breached our iva as we hadn’t sent information for annual review. I was told to ignore this as it was automated and they knew we were going for f and f offer. Today i have received an e mail for the supervisory officer to say we hadn’t done annual review and were we progressing with the f and f?!! She confirmed everything was sent in!!! I have re sent everything electronically tonight by forwarding the original e mail so they can see the dates. Very disappointed to say the least as i was expecting the meeting to have been held by now. Any advice please? We started Iva with kings gate 13 November 2009 but had a break with maternity leave so they extended it. Communication to date has been dire and i always seem to end up battling with them. At this late stage if they don’t proceed with full and final is it worth failing and starting again? Thank you in advance.
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Thu Jan 25, 2018 7:58 am
Mart.k wrote:
We proposed a full and final settlement offer and started process at beginning of November 2017 with Vanguard. I was told we didn’t need to send any info for review as we were progressing with f and f offer. I was advised that we had sent everything needed by telephone call on 10/1/18 after i received a letter to say we had breached our iva as we hadn’t sent information for annual review. I was told to ignore this as it was automated and they knew we were going for f and f offer. Today i have received an e mail for the supervisory officer to say we hadn’t done annual review and were we progressing with the f and f?!! She confirmed everything was sent in!!! I have re sent everything electronically tonight by forwarding the original e mail so they can see the dates. Very disappointed to say the least as i was expecting the meeting to have been held by now. Any advice please? We started Iva with kings gate 13 November 2009 but had a break with maternity leave so they extended it. Communication to date has been dire and i always seem to end up battling with them. At this late stage if they don’t proceed with full and final is it worth failing and starting again? Thank you in advance.

Press them to get on with the F&F --- failure at any stage is a bad option if it can at all be avoided: Creditors will add back lost interest and possible charges and the original debt will increase. They will also be allowed to pursue collection / enforcement if they so wish.
kallis3
Forum Expert
Contact
by kallis3 » Thu Jan 25, 2018 8:42 am
You can always put in a complaint about the IP and also say that monthly payments to date be taken off the amount offered.
Shaun Vickery
Industry Expert
Contact
by Shaun Vickery » Thu Jan 25, 2018 1:05 pm
I think Vanguard are usually pretty responsive, might be worth trying to speak to them by phone and seeing if someone can take responsibility for it?
4 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”