I changed job during my IVA to try and better our financial situation and ended up making it worse. I have been in constant communication with my case worker and 2 months ago wrote and requested a full & final be considered at our creditors report. We now have a shortfall every month so there is no spare money to pay the IVA but we have paid back more then half the original debt. So I asked could this be accepted as full and final. Our case worker constantly would say I will call you back and didn't. She then asked for a valuation to be done on the home so this can be proposed. The estate agent wouldn't put valuation in writing so we are getting another valuation tomorrow. I have forwarded new job contracts and redemption statements as they requested. Today I have received out creditors report summary saying we are in breach and need to propose to pay. No mention of the full and final request. They asked for my August payslip yet my caseworker knew full well that I did not have a job that month. It appears none of my information has been passed to Melanie Giles and in 12 days we will be issued with a breach notice. What do I do, nothing has been put forward about the full and final. No notes in the report about why there is now arrears yet I have constantly updated the caseworker and chased her up!!!
I would contact Melanie as Relieved says ... I have a friend whose IVA is with Melanie's team and despite huge problems and arrears Mel's team have found a way through for them so I'm sure they can for you too.
"Hope is the feeling you have that the feeling you have isn't permanent." - Jean Kerr
IVA approved Aug 2008 - 6 year term - last payment made 6 Oct 2014. CC received 14 Nov 2014.
WorriedChick - you may find you have to use the internal complaints procedure within the company - before the regulatory body would consider investigating the complant.
It may be worth contacting Mel direct about your concerns and allowing her time to respond
You are in breach but the variation will rectify the breach. Your caseworker has advised that this will be done at the annual review so I think you are panicking prematurely. Calling in the regulators without even making a complaint or seeking an explanation from Melanie herself seems way in excess and whoever advised this must have been looking for a way to pass the buck.
You have yet to provide the valuation as requested by Melanie's team so I think you have to bear some responsibility yourself for any delay. I am sure this will be resolved but drop Melanie an email directly.
Thank you Melanie. When I called the office it appears they are not aware. I have spent lots of time even in tears with my caseworker and thought they would have made you aware. Michael the letter regarding the annual review mentions nothing of the change of situation just asking how I propose to clear arrears. Without posting on the forum I could not even get hold of Melanie but just offered a call from the case worker. National debt line suggested I contact the regulatory body. I spoke to my caseworker to see if they will accept an emailed valuation but they can't. As I am in a new job I have been away on a course returning today. Tomorrow is my first day off and the appointment with an alternative agent has been made for then. My caseworker is aware we are struggling with the valuation, the other local agent checks charges on your property before valuing. I am worried of course as in trying to better our situation it has become a complete nightmare.
Feel comfort knowing Melanie is now looking at this for you. Knowing Mel she will do what she can to help and support you ...work with her team and give them a chance to resolve the confusion before jumping into formal complaints.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
There is a solution for everyone .... Just need to stay positive !
font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:<hr height="1" noshade>Originally posted by Foggy
The regulatory body will not entertain a complaint until the formal company complaints procedure has been exhausted.
This isn't true at all. There is no requirement to use the company's complaints procedure first, but would in most cases be the best approach. The regulatory bodies are obliged to consider all complaints regardless of whether a complaint has been made to the ip