Reviews

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
3 posts Page 1 of 1
JustPlainStupid
by JustPlainStupid » Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:32 am
I've just submitted my paperwork for my second year review and I'm just curious about how much they scrutinize things. Not much changed at the first year change so I didn't take much notice. This time, my circumstances have changed a lot so I've had more disposable income for the last 6 months.

Couple of questions:

1. Will they check my bank statements line by line and send the IVA police because I had a McDonalds and ordered something from Amazon (for example)

2. I told the IVA company of my new salary in January and they said to leave things until my review. Could they backdate any payment increase?

Cheers
Andy
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:00 am
1. I imagine they would love to have the time to be able to do this ... if they had the inclination! They only check bank statements in so far as the income column and the regular payments you are given agreed allowances for : Car repayments, rent, mortgage, utilities, etc.

2 Most proposals are worded so that permanent pay rises are only taken into account at review and any resulting increase in payments (50% of the net increase in income) is effective from the month following the review. Fro pay rise until review the whole increase is yours. That said, we have seen instances of proposals worded so that the increase is due right away, as well as an IP or two "trying it on" and backdating where they were not entitled to. They have backed down when challenged if they were not abiding by the agreed terms.

So -- dig out your proposal and chairman's report and arm yourself with knowledge of the agreed terms ... just in case.
kallis3
Forum Expert
Contact
by kallis3 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:19 am
You will be fine - no way will they scrutinise everything. We are allowed a little treat every now and again! :D
3 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”