Hoping to start an iva

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
4 posts Page 1 of 1
Mudds07
by Mudds07 » Fri Aug 11, 2017 3:40 pm
Hi,
I am currently on a dmp but with that due to take over 12 years to clear then the thought of an iva is quite tempting and hopefully just as easy to set up. I've been reading alot of good things about mccambridge duffy and pjg on these boards. Could someone please tell me what paperwork they require from me, do you need bank statements or wage slips or both? Do you need a p60? As far as my creditors go, do you require paperwork from them or is the acvount number and balance from my dmp enough?
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Fri Aug 11, 2017 3:52 pm
Hi. I am not sure PJG are taking on personal clients these days, but McCambridge Duffy certainly are.

Any firm will need to do a full financial work up, requiring bank statements, wage slips, P60's and statements from creditors as well as details of all major expenditure (rent / mortgage, council tax, insurances, car running costs etc.). From your point of view you just provide what is asked for and they do all the work. But, first, they are duty bound to examine all of your circumstances to offer you the best way forward -- though the choice will ultimately be yours, there might be better solutions.
Lisa Thomas
Industry Expert
Contact
by Lisa Thomas » Mon Aug 14, 2017 8:08 am
Do you own any assets, such as a property?
Michael Peoples
Industry Expert
Contact
by Michael Peoples » Mon Aug 14, 2017 8:52 am
The monthly statement from the DMP company is usually sufficient for proof of debts but we would do our own income and expenditure account. It may be that bankruptcy for example is a better option if the DMP company was using your spouse's/partner's income to sustain the DMP payments. At least with a new I&E you are fully aware of all your options and can decide which is best.
4 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”