Who do I go too to get a Mortgage?

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
7 posts Page 1 of 1
dan40
by dan40 » Sat Aug 12, 2017 9:14 am
Morning all
I'm 5 months away from finishing a 6yr IVA. It was an equity release deal I had to do with Payplan. Who do I go too to get a Mortgage? If I get a refusal that will affect my credit score which is good according to Equifax. Also in total I will have paid 42K when my original debt was 30,655.
Thanks in advance
kallis3
Forum Expert
Contact
by kallis3 » Sat Aug 12, 2017 9:22 am
Hi,

Well done on almost completing. You could speak to either Ryan or Shaun our mortgage experts for some help.
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Sat Aug 12, 2017 11:00 am
I am confused ...... why do you need a mortgage ? And a refusal will not be good for your credit score ! Most refusals whilst you are in an IVA won't get as far as a credit search as the mention of the IVA will be enough to get a no !

You are approaching the end of 6 years ---- was your IVA a 6 years arrangement from the start --- and now you are looking at equity release or a 12 month extension ? Or is the 6th year you are doing because of equity ?
luluj
Forum Expert
Contact
by luluj » Sat Aug 12, 2017 1:56 pm
Ryan or Shaun are good starting points....Ryan has helped me several times since our iva - always a good service
Lisa Thomas
Industry Expert
Contact
by Lisa Thomas » Mon Aug 14, 2017 8:11 am
Do you mean you want to give your IP confirmation you are unable to remortgage?

First ask your IP what they need - some want more than others.

If they do need something formal Ryan or Shaun might be able to help if your existing provider can't provide a statement saying that you can't remortgage.
Michael Peoples
Industry Expert
Contact
by Michael Peoples » Mon Aug 14, 2017 9:06 am
It does sound to me that your IVA will complete at the end of the six years as you have already had an extension due to equity. If you are then looking to remortgage for a better deal or whatever reason then this is fine as you can do what you want. However, a refusal does not help your credit file and you only want to apply when your credit file will mean approval so the other information you received is incorrect.

I agree you should speak with Shaun Vickery from Select or Ryan who post here as and when you need or want to remortgage.
Ryan
Industry Expert
Contact
by Ryan » Mon Aug 14, 2017 10:02 am
Hi Dan,

We'd be happy to look at your situation if you were to contact us.

Regards
7 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”