I have now paid 7 years worth of payments

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
3 posts Page 1 of 1
Glen.h
by Glen.h » Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:32 am
I’m just about to pay my last payment to my IVA company (Creditfix) on the 1st Nov, which was a 6 Year IVA + 1 Year if there was equity in my property that couldn’t be released. Which there was, I have now paid 7 years worth of payments.
They have already done the PPI search and came back with nothing it so they say!!!

My question is this. I have paid 7 years worth of payments. The IVA takes 6 Years to be removed from your credit file from the time u sign up. So if I have done an extra year, does this mean that the IVA should not exist on my Credit file and would be deleted already or do I need to obtain my Completion Certificate from Creditfix to clean my file down.
I am aware that IVA companies are dragging there feet when it comes to send out these completion certificate, so I’m a bit worried that I’m going to be waiting an extra 6 months for something be fore I can desperately remortgage?

Please help
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:48 am
The IVA stays on file for 6 years, unless it hasn't been completed by then, in which case it will stay there until it completes. Creditfix do not seem to take long with completions, so it shouldn't be a long wait, but you will have to wait for three months from the issue date for your name to come off the Insolvency Register.
ashbock123
by ashbock123 » Wed Oct 11, 2017 8:47 pm
Hi I am with credit fix what are the annual reviews like at all just went into iva a month ago and just getting my head around what will have to do for next 5 years
3 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”