update on proposal

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
24 posts Page 1 of 2

ontheroad
by ontheroad » Tue Jan 12, 2010 4:31 pm
Hi all, as regular readers will be aware me and the better half both proposed for an iva and had our creditors meeting 2 weeks ago at which my wifes proposal was accepted and mine rejected, my ip then took the 2 week adjournment to change the decision of the one creditor who voted against the proposal {who holds about 30% of my total debt}. Despite superb efforts from my ip the one creditor still refused to accept the proposal, the company concerned is Santander who have failed to see the sense of the proposal, therefore after conversing with my ip i will be going BR. We are now in the situation of my wife being in an iva and me being BR. I was made aware from the start that Santander could be a problem as it is a fairly recent debt with them but even so thought that the vote could be changed but not to be. So that is the situation, i think iva,s are a good solution if viable and are not normally rejected with the ip i have, i am with Melanie Giles and i have got to thank them on here for the superb work they have done, after all they got my wifes accepted and i know they put in a tremendous amount of work on my proposal and i want to thank the whole team for what they have done, especially Melanie G, Melanie N, Gareth B, Tom D, Angela R and anyone else who has had dealings with our case, what a brilliant team, also many thanks to all you posters out there who have given messages of support, advice and good wishes { and some good humour as well } thankyou all, without this site and the people on it we would have been clueless, you are all brilliant. So its now on to the next stage of filing for BR for me and Melanie and her team will even help me with that, what more can i say, they are fantastic, we will keep posting to let you all know how things are going.[:)]

Shining
by Shining » Tue Jan 12, 2010 4:33 pm
I'm sorry to hear that the creditor would not change their mind, but as you know Melanie would have done her utmost to make this happen and it obviously wasn't to be.

You have a solution and I'm sure Melanie will guide you through this, also remember on forum we have Skippy and Julie who are both knowledgeable in respect of bankruptcy, I wish you and your wife well x

kallis3
Forum Expert
Contact
by kallis3 » Tue Jan 12, 2010 4:38 pm
Sorry to hear that it didn't work out. Some of these creditors can be their own worst enemies can't they? At least you can rest assured that Mel would have left no stone unturned to get them to agree.

Good luck with the BR, and you do have Mel to help you along the way.

Michael Peoples
Industry Expert
Contact
by Michael Peoples » Tue Jan 12, 2010 4:40 pm
I too am sorry that your IVA was not accepted and can only guess at the amount of effort Melanie would have put in on your behalf. Having had the pleasure of being on her team for a number of years I know she is tireless in her work for clients.

Unfortunately, there are creditors who reject IVAs and you are one of those rare clients who have had their proposal turned down. I can only wish you best of luck for the future but with the continued support of Melanie and her team I am sure your bankruptcy will proceed smoothly and the debt problem will still be removed from you once and for all.

ontheroad
by ontheroad » Tue Jan 12, 2010 4:40 pm
Thanks lesley, i know they did everything possible to get it accepted and as you say we have a solution and in our situation it is a good solution, i wanted to pay back as much as i could but as they have refused that will not now happen, the creditors fault not mine xx

kallis3
Forum Expert
Contact
by kallis3 » Tue Jan 12, 2010 4:44 pm
Santander are the losers here, not you.

ontheroad
by ontheroad » Tue Jan 12, 2010 4:48 pm
Thanks Jan and Michael, i know from talking to Mel everything possible was done, and even though BR wasnt in our original plan after talking to Mel it is actually a good solution to our problem in our situation and lets not forget, they got my wifes iva accepte so we are now looking positively to the future.

kallis3
Forum Expert
Contact
by kallis3 » Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:01 pm
I hope it all works out for you. Please keep posting so we know how you are doing.

ontheroad
by ontheroad » Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:05 pm
We will as i am sure we will be asking for advice from you all about certain matters as they arise xx

kallis3
Forum Expert
Contact
by kallis3 » Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:08 pm
We'll help you all we can.

ontheroad
by ontheroad » Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:33 pm
I know you all will and im sure i will tapping Mel, Skippy and Julies brains especially over the next month or so xx

MRBLUESKY
by MRBLUESKY » Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:30 pm
hope its santanders loss,you wont be short of support on this site and sure melanie will help you move forward.good luck.

ontheroad
by ontheroad » Tue Jan 12, 2010 7:13 pm
yes im sure they will be the losers in the end, we have had brilliant info from ip regarding the BR and we are sure it is now the best way forward, as said earlier wifes iva is accepted so we feel we have done the best we can, not our fault they didnt accept mine xx

MelanieGiles
Industry Expert
Contact
by MelanieGiles » Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:25 pm
I can honestly say that I was humbled by my conversation of earlier today with ontheroad. I have good relationships with the majority of my clients to be fair, but this particular gentleman has been most gracious throughout the IVA process, has been so grateful of the amount of support my team and I have been able to provide - and out of all of the clients I have acted for in recent months I cannot think of anyone who deserved to have, and was committed to, having an IVA to be able to repay his debts as much as he did.

We were made aware of this creditors views with regard to the IVA from the outset, and therefore rejection was not a huge suprise. I held lengthy talks with their voting representative at a very high level, but even they could not change their minds. There are various other issues about this case I would love to discuss in my anger, but it is not appropriate for me to do so on a public forum.

Suffice to say that we share ontheroad's disappointment - this is the only rejection I have received in the last six months, and I will continue to work to help this gentlemen find a solution to his debts problems.

The irony of this whole situation, is that my client will be left with more money to spend on his family than he would have had if the IVA had been accepted, and creditors will receive nothing. What a ridiculous world we live in!

Max
by Max » Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:37 pm
I showed these posts (before Melanie's comments) to our PP who uses that particular creditor for various parish accounts - he is moving the accounts tomorrow and will use these posts as his reasons. This particular priest does what he says he will do.!
24 posts Page 1 of 2
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”