Creditors meetings & threatening court action

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
10 posts Page 1 of 1

briggadeen
by briggadeen » Wed Jan 13, 2010 6:31 pm
we just got a date for our creditors meeting which will take place 29 January, but today I have recieved a letter threatening court action if no payment is made within 7 days, do I ring the IP or just ignore it? Surely they will have recieved the proposal. Also, we are still receiving many phonecalls - I expect this is all par of the course but when will these stop??

I am beginning to become more negative as time goes on and just wish it was all over.

kallis3
Forum Expert
Contact
by kallis3 » Wed Jan 13, 2010 6:36 pm
Pass these details on to your IP, although it is unlikely that they would have time to do any court action, so don't worry.

The phone calls will continue until your meeting, and sometimes just past that. There is nothing you can do about that.

Take heart - you're on the downhill stretch, and I'm sure you will be ok.

MelanieGiles
Industry Expert
Contact
by MelanieGiles » Wed Jan 13, 2010 6:47 pm
You are almost there - so don't give up hope now. I would send the letter to your IP, but the creditor are unlikely to follow up the threatened action as they will now have received a copy of your IVA proposals.

briggadeen
by briggadeen » Wed Jan 13, 2010 6:52 pm
should I be sending all of these letters to my IP anyways?

kallis3
Forum Expert
Contact
by kallis3 » Wed Jan 13, 2010 7:03 pm
You can send them. Must admit that I didn't send all of ours. I just used to send a polite reply to the creditor telling them what was happening.

It is very stressful, wondering who is on the phone or what letters are going to arrive. Try not to let them get to you, you're almost there now.

Darkdog
by Darkdog » Wed Jan 13, 2010 7:04 pm
Hi Briggadeen,
we have not got our proposal yet but I send everything to Melanie's team. Claire gets Email from us at the moment every other day it seem's . I have got into a routine now of open letters when they arrive, scan to pdf, email then file the hard copies, my office has never been so tidy, I expect she will be glad when it's sorted :-)

briggadeen
by briggadeen » Wed Jan 13, 2010 7:05 pm
To be honest I have been sticking all these letters through the shredder. My sister in law would visit occasionally and we aren't broadcasting the fact that we are in such diffs but she would be the person to pry on papers sitting on a counter etc so just for privacy really.

kallis3
Forum Expert
Contact
by kallis3 » Wed Jan 13, 2010 7:19 pm
Shredding them is fine as well.

Diddy
by Diddy » Wed Jan 13, 2010 7:33 pm
I spoke to my IP firm today regarding a similar thing, I received their proposal today which I'm reading through, but I also had a solicitors letter from Lloyds threatening legal action if I don't pay in full within 14 days.

They advised me that it is really unlikely that they would have the time to start any legal proceedings as we are nearing the final stages and I shouldn't worry about it at the moment, she said even if you get court papers come through, call us up and we can talk you through them but not to worry about it at this stage.

So based on that and the replies from others I'd say carry on shredding but if your getting really concerned I'm sure your IP will be happy to reassure you. I have a wood burning stove which has been living off the numbers of letters I've been receiving so looking on the positive side my gas bill should be lower even with the weather we have had over the last few weeks.

Julie
by Julie » Wed Jan 13, 2010 7:48 pm
Even if does get to court after the IVA has been approved the judge will throw it out. Lloyds took hubby to court after they had approved his IVA, we just completed the court forms with IVA details and had a letter of apology from the courts. A lot of times these letters are sent out "by the system"...if only the person updating the system knew what they were doing, a whole forest could be saved!

Not long to go for your meeting briggadeen, try to stay positive and use the forum for support xx
10 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”