i am trying to sell my house at present

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
4 posts Page 1 of 1

Annette.809
by Annette.809 » Wed Jan 13, 2010 9:49 pm
i am trying to sell my house at present but there is an extra loan on it will makes the selling price less than the mortgage outstanding can i take an iva on the excisting loans on it and my other debts

MelanieGiles
Industry Expert
Contact
by MelanieGiles » Wed Jan 13, 2010 9:56 pm
Hi there and welcome to the forum

Yes you certainly can - assuming that you fit the usual criteria which an insolvency practitioner can help you to establish. The shortfall on the secured loan will be included into the IVA alongside your other creditors.

Why not give an insolvency practitioner a call in the morning to find out what your options are and how each one will impact upon your future.

Shining
by Shining » Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:59 am
Hi Annetee and welcome to the forum.

Why not take a look at www.iva.com there you will find a list of companies and some reviews. Contact 2 or 3 and take some professional, impartial advice specific to your circumstance.

The IP's who post on forum do come highly recommended too.

Good luck and let us know how you get on. x

Michael Peoples
Industry Expert
Contact
by Michael Peoples » Thu Jan 14, 2010 9:42 am
Hi Annette.
You will need to speak to the secured loan company about the sale to get their permission to sell. They will have to release the charge for less than is actually owed but they should agree as the alternative is the property could be returned to the mortgage company and the sale price would be even less. As Melanie says any shortfall becomes an unsecured creditor after the sale and an IP can estimate how much this will be. It is not necessary to wait until the property has been sold before proposing an IVA. Good luck with your proposal.
4 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”