Well thats it!!

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
51 posts Page 1 of 4

angela18
by angela18 » Wed Jan 13, 2010 9:52 pm
Hubby got his letter today and has officially got no job!!! He has a meeting on friday with HR for the whys etc. and whether can appeal!!! Really fed up and worried for the future.. Hopefully he can find something else, he's willing to do anything. Should find out also how much redundancy he'll receive.

You know when you just think everything is moving on well, managing IVA great, got no money but happy, living a quite good little life, and somebody comes along and pulls the rug from under your feet.

Going to email Melanie for a phonecall on friday and see where we go from there!!!

MelanieGiles
Industry Expert
Contact
by MelanieGiles » Wed Jan 13, 2010 9:55 pm
I am so sorry Angela - I know how hard he has been working lately. What a waste of a hardworking, and loyal employee.

Don't panic too much at the moment, and give me a call in the office either tomorrow or Friday so that we can work on a plan of action. I always believe that some things are meant to be, and I am sure you will both move onto better things as a result of all this.

angela18
by angela18 » Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:00 pm
Thanks Melanie, I believe in fate to, and think things happen for a reason.. its just a bit daunting!! He tried to call you today but was transferred to N Ireland office. Haven't got your telephone number.
Nobody who he works with can believe it, he's one of the most experienced and been off less than some... but hey who knows how they work things out when supervisors weren't even consulted properly

MelanieGiles
Industry Expert
Contact
by MelanieGiles » Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:05 pm
I've been snowed in at home today sorry. Should be in tomorrow afternoon - why don't you give me a call when you get home from work.

Julie
by Julie » Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:05 pm
I really feel for you Ang - its not blinking fair love.

At least you have a caring IP and you'll sort something out regards the IVA.

Thinking of you xx

angela18
by angela18 » Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:11 pm
I will Melainie, could you email me your telephone number, thanks xx

And thanks girls, would e lost without you... hope your super CV works its magic for him julie xx

kallis3
Forum Expert
Contact
by kallis3 » Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:12 pm
Ang, I'm really sorry to hear this.

Hopefully Mel will be able to sort something out for you.

Thinking of you both.

Julie
by Julie » Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:14 pm
I hope the CV was ok for him Ang...I can adapt it depending on what job he applies for, just let me know. xx

Debtwitch
by Debtwitch » Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:17 pm
Hi Angela

I truly hope that the climates becoming more stable will result in something coming through for you.

So frustrating that despite your tremendous efforts, matters are taken out of your hands.

Best wishes,

Shining
by Shining » Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:47 am
Ang, not good for you or hubby but you're with Melanie and she'll guide you through everything and help put your mind at rest. I hope something comes along for him very soon x

Declan at DebtFreeDirect
by Declan at DebtFreeDirect » Thu Jan 14, 2010 9:03 am
So sorry to hear this unfortunate news Ang. I hope everything works out okay for you.

Thanks

Michael Peoples
Industry Expert
Contact
by Michael Peoples » Thu Jan 14, 2010 9:44 am
I am sure Melanie will be able to help you through this difficult time and hopefully your husband can find something suitable soon.

Skippy
by Skippy » Thu Jan 14, 2010 9:50 am
I'm so sorry to hear that Ang, and good luck to hubby looking for a new job xxx

angela18
by angela18 » Thu Jan 14, 2010 8:58 pm
thanks everyone, we're just trying to be positive and we'll see what tomorrow brings!!

MRBLUESKY
by MRBLUESKY » Thu Jan 14, 2010 11:09 pm
angela when your hubby meets HR he has a legal right to chalenge the decission,based on the info you have mentioned.then HR have to justify to your husband why and what criteria they used to make the decission.
51 posts Page 1 of 4
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”