Well thats it!!

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
51 posts Page 2 of 4

angela18
by angela18 » Fri Jan 15, 2010 8:53 am
thanks Mr Bluesky.. he has gone armed with payslips and even Tamiflu box.. we'll just wait and see what happens. He emailed a CV to a company taking on and they emailed him straight back.. so we'll just have to take it all in our stride.. (or go mad trying)

kallis3
Forum Expert
Contact
by kallis3 » Fri Jan 15, 2010 8:58 am
Good luck Ang, and at least you know that Julie will help you out if she can.

Julie
by Julie » Fri Jan 15, 2010 8:59 am
Unfortunatley, challenging HR where redundancies are concerned is normally a pointless exercise. In my experience they ( we [;)]) always adhere to the rules when decision making on redundancies is concerned.

I'm sure he'll find another job soon Ang, he has pleanty of skills and experience. Keep registering his CV with agencies and also see what help he can get from the jobcentre. There should be workshops available to help with interviewing techniques etc...in fact his HR dept could help with this too.

xx

angela18
by angela18 » Fri Jan 15, 2010 9:21 am
there was already someone went in yesterday and they had scored him incorrectly!! Its a shambles!!

Julie
by Julie » Fri Jan 15, 2010 9:51 am
In that case make sure he has all the evidence to hand and you know I'll help all I can xx

MRBLUESKY
by MRBLUESKY » Fri Jan 15, 2010 7:26 pm
for two years america thought britain challenging germany in the second world war was a pointless excercise.[;)]

Julie
by Julie » Fri Jan 15, 2010 7:29 pm
I did say normally [;)]

MRBLUESKY
by MRBLUESKY » Fri Jan 15, 2010 7:39 pm
lets hope angelas hubbies HR manager has acted abnormally then,in my experience it has happened normally, because i have seen them squirm in a tribuneral.[;)]
Last edited by MRBLUESKY on Fri Jan 15, 2010 9:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Julie
by Julie » Fri Jan 15, 2010 8:08 pm
I hope Ang's hubby & his colleagues gets the answers & explanation he deserves.

Going through a redundancy process is difficult and stressful for all parties, including the HR department.

Ang - hope hubby's meeting on Monday goes well.

MRBLUESKY
by MRBLUESKY » Fri Jan 15, 2010 9:32 pm
i,m sure you do julie,as i know the help and free time you give on the forum to help people,and your experience in HR management is a great asset.but i find the word pointless should be used very reservedly,on a forum like this,it is a obtuse word,and when people are under stress,honesty is important,but all avenues should be encouraged as each individual circumstances are different and no stone should be left unturned.

Julie
by Julie » Fri Jan 15, 2010 9:36 pm
I'm sorry you feel that way Mrbluesky, I disagree but thats not important.

My main aim is to help Ang & hubby on and off forum.
Last edited by Julie on Fri Jan 15, 2010 9:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MelanieGiles
Industry Expert
Contact
by MelanieGiles » Fri Jan 15, 2010 9:39 pm
Julie

I have seen the support that you give both on and off the forum to Angela and her husband, and I am very grateful to you as they are clients of mine and I know how worried they are.

It is to all of our advantages that we are able to share in your expertise on this forum.

Skippy
by Skippy » Fri Jan 15, 2010 9:40 pm
Ronald, please don't speak to Julie like that. She is giving another poster her professional opinion and I'm sure she is being a big help to Ang.

Julie
by Julie » Fri Jan 15, 2010 9:45 pm
Thanks Melanie & Skippy [:)]

I try my best and am only too happy to offer any HR advice....even though we do get a bad press at times.

Angela has become a very valued friend of mine and I will help her and hubby all I can.

MRBLUESKY
by MRBLUESKY » Fri Jan 15, 2010 10:07 pm
night night julie [;)]
51 posts Page 2 of 4
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”