Well thats it!!

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
51 posts Page 3 of 4

Skippy
by Skippy » Fri Jan 15, 2010 10:15 pm
Julie, you give excellent advice and the forum wouldn't be the same without you xxx

Julie
by Julie » Fri Jan 15, 2010 10:22 pm
Thanks Skippy and just as well, because I intend to stick around for as long as I'm needed [:)]

Redundancies seem to be daily news at the moment, here in Wales 900 employees from one company will lose their jobs in the next year [:0][:(]

I personally know the stress it causes from both sides of the coin and I reiterate Angela& hubby are the important ones here!

If I can offer advice and support, then I will [;)]
Last edited by Julie on Fri Jan 15, 2010 10:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Skippy
by Skippy » Fri Jan 15, 2010 10:29 pm
That's Bosch isn't it? Bosch worldwide are one of our biggest customers (and biggest pains!) at work and although I don't deal with Wales I'm so sorry for the people there.

MelanieGiles
Industry Expert
Contact
by MelanieGiles » Fri Jan 15, 2010 10:39 pm
My fellow IP's brother works for Bosch and is unfortunately one of the casualties. I think that he was worked there since he left school. Very sad.

angela18
by angela18 » Fri Jan 15, 2010 10:41 pm
Everyone is entitled to there own opinion on a forum (thats its job).. I have valued everybodies comments. from both sides. Hubby goes back in on monday as they had incorrectly scored him.. We'll see how it goes.

And Julie you are a valued friend and your CV tweeking is second to none [:)]

Julie
by Julie » Fri Jan 15, 2010 10:50 pm
Redundancies can set off a chain - with Bosch I believe it has affected suppliers through to the cleaning contract so the initial 900 will increase without a doubt [:(]

Ang, your hubby has experience & skills that can only be advantageous to potential employers. I just used "buzz words" to make his CV stand out.

kallis3
Forum Expert
Contact
by kallis3 » Fri Jan 15, 2010 11:15 pm
Julie, I hope you stick around for a long time, your expertise in HR is brilliant and I value your friendship both on and off the forum.

Dreadful news about Bosch as well.

Ang - I hope hubby gets on ok on Monday.

Shining
by Shining » Sat Jan 16, 2010 9:21 am
Ang hope your hubby gets on ok on Monday, Julie has helped me for a personal matter in respect of hubby's employment as well as helping my ex-sister in law recoup some money owing to her from her employer....that really is going above and beyond.

PELDER
by PELDER » Sat Jan 16, 2010 3:38 pm
To Angie's hubby and anybody else on this forum searching for employment there are currently 135 good jobs advertised on the Royal Mail website which you can find easily enough via Google - worth you applying online as I once did successfully - no experience necessary but a Driving Licence is a must with no more than 6 penalty points. Just a helpful (I hope!) suggestion, and good luck to anybody who applies as RM are terrific to work for in my own experience.

Julie
by Julie » Mon Jan 18, 2010 3:11 pm
Hope hubby's meeting went well today Ang xx

kallis3
Forum Expert
Contact
by kallis3 » Mon Jan 18, 2010 3:21 pm
I hope so too Ang. Let us know how things went.

Shining
by Shining » Mon Jan 18, 2010 5:39 pm
Hope it went well Ang x

angela18
by angela18 » Tue Jan 19, 2010 6:50 pm
Well hubby has won his job back (for now!!), back to work tomorrow.. Don't know why he was on gardening leave cos he never touched ours!!

Just so pleased, even though he has an incredible guilt as now one of his friends has been put in the pot!!

Hopefully nobody else wins appeal as it may mean he goes back in pot!!

Thanks for all your support.. you are all fab xx

MRBLUESKY
by MRBLUESKY » Tue Jan 19, 2010 7:01 pm
thats great news angela so pleased for you and hubby.may i use this post to add my apologies to julie for sounding a bit sharp to a earlier reply regarding appeals ronald.

Skippy
by Skippy » Tue Jan 19, 2010 7:20 pm
That's really good news Angela, I hope things are now looking up for you and hubby xxx
51 posts Page 3 of 4
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”