I need a moan!

28 posts Page 2 of 2

Julie
by Julie » Fri Jan 15, 2010 8:17 pm
Hope your on the mend soon Skip xx

Skippy
by Skippy » Fri Jan 15, 2010 8:23 pm
My throat is actually feeling a lot better thanks. I haven't taken the penicillin as I wanted to make sure the other stuff was out of my system, but if I feel better tomorrow I probably won't take it. The NHS Direct website says that in most cases tonsillitus clears up by itself anyway fingers crossed this is one of the cases!

I forgot to say that I was a bit worried when I was at the doctors - she looked down my throat, and then asked me if I still had my tonsils!

Skippy
by Skippy » Fri Jan 15, 2010 9:07 pm
I was quite surprised they gave me antibiotics as I know they don't like giving them out, and apparently only work with some forms of tonsillitus.

You know what I'm like, I don't take anything if I don't have to!!!

kallis3
Forum Expert
Contact
by kallis3 » Fri Jan 15, 2010 11:17 pm
Sounds as though you're on the mend Skip.

Shining
by Shining » Sat Jan 16, 2010 8:46 am
Hope you're feeling better Skippy? x

Skippy
by Skippy » Sun Jan 17, 2010 5:57 pm
I still feel rough to be honest. I can swallow ok now, but rather than the pain I had before I've now got that horrible dry sore throat that you get with a cold!

I didn't take the antibiotics in the end as the pain in my throat started to go off and I felt better. Now I'm wondering if I should have done! Although if I'm getting a cold they wouldn't actually do anything for that!

kallis3
Forum Expert
Contact
by kallis3 » Sun Jan 17, 2010 6:01 pm
Hope you don't need any antibiotics and that you are ok for work tomorrow![:D][:D]

Skippy
by Skippy » Sun Jan 17, 2010 6:05 pm
Dave's coming down with something as well, so I'm thinking of putting a big cross on the front door - unclean!

I'll have to drag myself into work tomorrow as we're so short staffed it's not fair on the others. I'm annoyed that we've been put in this position with cuts, but there's not a lot I can do!

kallis3
Forum Expert
Contact
by kallis3 » Sun Jan 17, 2010 6:14 pm
Remind me to steer clear of your house![:D][:D]

Seriously, if you are not well there is no point going into work. You may find that the illness gets worse before it gets better.

Shining
by Shining » Sun Jan 17, 2010 6:57 pm
Oh I do hope you're feeling better soon Skippy, I'm dreading work tomorrow but for a different reason and I just know things aren't going to go smoothly, too much going on in a short space of time for my likings!

Skippy
by Skippy » Sun Jan 17, 2010 7:02 pm
I hope tomorrow's better than you think it will be Lesley xxx

kallis3
Forum Expert
Contact
by kallis3 » Sun Jan 17, 2010 7:04 pm
I hope tomorrow goes ok for you Lesley.

Julie
by Julie » Sun Jan 17, 2010 7:36 pm
I bet Dave will have it worse than you Skippy [:D]

Hope you're feeling better tomorrow and Lesley hope you're ok??
28 posts Page 2 of 2
Return to “friends corner”