Pet food on I&E

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
8 posts Page 1 of 1

Darkdog
by Darkdog » Thu Jan 14, 2010 9:37 am
Whilst we are waiting for things to progress with our IVA we have been trying out our budgeting based on the I&E we went through with Melanie's team. we have just managed to stick to it over the past couple of weeks but have seen that when we do our weekly shopping we typically just used to pick up the food for the dog and it was in with the general cost, however now being more careful and examining closely what we buy, we now get the dog's food from a local pet chain as it's cheaper. my question is can we show this cost of £39.00 a month as an addition to expenditure on the I&E as it will lower the DI.

Declan at DebtFreeDirect
by Declan at DebtFreeDirect » Thu Jan 14, 2010 9:40 am
Hi Darkdog.
This is something you will need to discuss with Melanie directly.
Best of luck.

Thanks

Darkdog
by Darkdog » Thu Jan 14, 2010 9:44 am
Thanks Declan,
I will send a revised I&E in, just thought I would ask here as seem to be sending Emails to Claire every 5 mins

Skippy
by Skippy » Thu Jan 14, 2010 9:53 am
Don't worry about that Darkdog, it's important to make sure your proposal is correct at the start.

Depending on what your dog eats, it's also worth looking at the Pets at Home website (if you haven't got a store nearby). Harry (my cat) will only eat James Wellbeloved food and they often do that buy one get one free, or buy 2 and get the third free so we stock up.

Darkdog
by Darkdog » Thu Jan 14, 2010 9:57 am
Thanks Skippy,
will look out for them, we have a Wilsons pet centre nearby and have been getting there own brand, our chocolate Lab is a greedy git and will eat anything lol

MelanieGiles
Industry Expert
Contact
by MelanieGiles » Thu Jan 14, 2010 9:59 am
And that is why Claire is employed - so send her as many e-mails as you like. My job is to put forward your actual expenditure to creditors. It is their job to decide whether they accept the levels you are quoting. We will discuss this a little later on in the process when we have all of your information to hand - in the meantime keep sending in that information.

kallis3
Forum Expert
Contact
by kallis3 » Thu Jan 14, 2010 10:03 am
Must admit that my dog food is included in our weekly shopping budget. We buy tinned from Asda and mixer and treats from the local pet shop.

I only claim extra for insurance.

Darkdog
by Darkdog » Thu Jan 14, 2010 10:04 am
OK,
Thanks Melanie, another mail sent, I think you have everything now. Is it possible to wear out Outlook :-)
8 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”