I am really worried about my best friend

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
5 posts Page 1 of 1

danny4
by danny4 » Thu Jan 14, 2010 9:54 am
My friend is an iva just like me and is really worried. He said he knows he sent all his creditors through and when he got his proposal through he double checked it all with his wife. he was looking through it again but can only find one credit card for a certain bank on the list when he said he had two for them. He is pretty concerned and is making himself ill. We get on very well and have been best friends for a while. He says it will make his IVA void and I said it shouldn't. I am getting really worried about him. What should he do next.

Michael Peoples
Industry Expert
Contact
by Michael Peoples » Thu Jan 14, 2010 9:57 am
If the meeting has not been called it is very simple as the proposal can be amended or the creditor added in at the meeting. Even if the meeting has taken place the creditor is still bound and will probably vote anyway as they will have received a copy of the proposal relating to the first debt.

It is nothing serious but just to be sure he should contact whoever drafted the proposal and tell them to amend it or be aware at the time of the meeting.

danny4
by danny4 » Thu Jan 14, 2010 10:37 am
It has all gone through which is why he is particularly worried. He has not received anything from the creditor ref this card. When he spoke to them a while ago and told him about the IVA they asked for the number and have not got back to him. He can not actually find his report but he has the whole proposal.

Declan at DebtFreeDirect
by Declan at DebtFreeDirect » Thu Jan 14, 2010 10:44 am
Hi Danny
The best thing to do is advise your friend to contact his IP as soon as possible to explain this. The IP will then be able to modify the proposal and depending on the size of debt, creditor etc, he will be able to decide the best course of action.

Thanks

MelanieGiles
Industry Expert
Contact
by MelanieGiles » Thu Jan 14, 2010 3:47 pm
This is why it is so important to check IVA proposals carefully before they are signed. You have to remember that they are your proposals, and even if the IP makes a mistake - which hopefully is rare - that you will still be held responsible for the error.
5 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”