Hi, I'm plannning on arranging an IVA

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
5 posts Page 1 of 1

graeme.hn
by graeme.hn » Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:43 pm
Hi, I'm plannning on arranging an IVA although I haven't contacted any companies. I am worried that non priority debters (ie. credit cards) may look at the useage on my account especially cash/cheque withdrawals recently which might be seen to trying to get a wad of cash together before applying for an IVA. Can snyone help me with this.

kallis3
Forum Expert
Contact
by kallis3 » Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:56 pm
Hello Graeme and welcome to the forum.

I wouldn't worry about your recent credit history. I was withdrawing money from the hole in the wall and walking straight into the bank and paying it back in as my monthly payment.

I do recommend that you speak to a professional. Either visit the experts link on the left hand side of the page and contact one of the experts who post on here, or visit www.iva.com for a list of companies and reviews. Give one or two a ring and you will receive free and impartial advice as to all of the options open to you.

MelanieGiles
Industry Expert
Contact
by MelanieGiles » Thu Jan 14, 2010 8:09 pm
To be honest, the people who make the decision on whether your IVA is accepted or not, will usually take little interest in the individual transactions which make up the accounts. So long as you have not taken all of the accounts out recently, and racked up the credit in a relatively short period of time, your application should be absolutely fine.

Contact an insolvency practitioner directly for further advice and reassurance on this point.

graeme.hn
by graeme.hn » Fri Jan 15, 2010 1:19 pm
Thanks for the responses. My mortgage comes off fixed deal this month and managed to get months grace due to recent operation. Also changed date of payment so nothing due till 28 March which is a massive help. I will now sit down and write all my debts out to see exactly where I'm at. The first thing I did was to open another current account to service any direct debits from a fresh because I owe money to my current bank. I opened one with ease and got check card, cheque book etc. so result. Once I can see my position I might be in touch. MELANIE .. Your case studies show you make a home visits. I live in the North East of England. Would you normally travel that far?
Last edited by graeme.hn on Fri Jan 15, 2010 1:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MelanieGiles
Industry Expert
Contact
by MelanieGiles » Fri Jan 15, 2010 9:10 pm
We gan go anywhere we need to go Graeme - and I do a lot of work for clients in the North East being half-Geordie myself!
5 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”