debtors duties and proposals

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
6 posts Page 1 of 1

millsy22
by millsy22 » Thu Jan 14, 2010 8:41 pm
hi to all hope all are well after the slog in the snow just a quick question regards something written in my iva under the above title
The debtor is required to meet any request for funds in relation to their main residence. In the event that they fail to carry out this request the supervisor may refer the matter to creditors,[?] feel a bit stupid but cant figure what this means can anyone help
thanks and all keep well

MelanieGiles
Industry Expert
Contact
by MelanieGiles » Thu Jan 14, 2010 8:44 pm
What a very badly worded provision. I assume that it means something to do with an equity release over your property - did you agree to a final year re-mortgage in the event that there is equity in your property?

kallis3
Forum Expert
Contact
by kallis3 » Thu Jan 14, 2010 8:44 pm
Hi Millsy,

Snow is now starting to go thank goodness!

I think what that means is that if you can't remortgage to release any equity, then you may be required to carry on for an extra time (usually 12 months) if the creditors so decree.

Hopefully Mel will be on to clarify that.

MelanieGiles
Industry Expert
Contact
by MelanieGiles » Thu Jan 14, 2010 11:18 pm
It doesn't say that though - in fact it doesn't say much at all - a good lawyer would have a field day with such woolly script!

MRBLUESKY
by MRBLUESKY » Thu Jan 14, 2010 11:22 pm
seems like a very muddy water statement to me and unprofessional.

millsy22
by millsy22 » Fri Jan 15, 2010 7:47 am
hi i did have an areement to remortgage but at the very beginning when property was valued we were in neg equity and still are so not sure what they will want thanks for clearing it up a bit suppose will have to wait and see what they advise thanks everyone have a good day
6 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”