I have a question

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
6 posts Page 1 of 1

fbdo
by fbdo » Sat Jan 16, 2010 3:46 pm
i was wondering what would happen if I changed jobs and took a job a drop in pay would that mean my iva would fail.Its just that my work situation has changed and my work enviornment has gone from one I have loved for the past 16 years to one I dread going into every morning but all the jobs I have looked at are all paying less money than what I am earning now
any info greatfully accepted!!

MelanieGiles
Industry Expert
Contact
by MelanieGiles » Sat Jan 16, 2010 3:51 pm
There is no point in being miserable in a job you hate. If your salary drops then this is bound to have an effect on your disposable income - so you should work out some figures and discuss the situation with your own IP. Your payments into the IVA could possibly be reduced if there are good reasons for the change of employment.

What is it about your work now which is particularly stressing you?

Shining
by Shining » Sat Jan 16, 2010 3:55 pm
Hi fbdo sorry to hear you're not happy at work, I do believe we should be happy considering the amount of time we spend there. I hope you can talk to your IP and things work out well for you x

fbdo
by fbdo » Sat Jan 16, 2010 4:59 pm
thank you for your replies.I have a new partner to the business I work in and of course he wants changes,there is no problem with that
but he just spends his day staring at all the staff which makes you feel very uncomfortable,he is unhappy with the salaries in the business so its quiet obovious he wants people to leave as he has already asked me have any staff talked about leaving , he questions everything I do which is undermining me infront of the staff as I am the manager.I have been there 16 years and know my job inside out
but he makes me feel as though I am doing it wrong. I am qualified to do what i do but yet i feel I am doing everything wrong.I dont want to leave but I feel so undermined
dont mean to sound so negetive

RHB
by RHB » Sat Jan 16, 2010 5:22 pm
I would ride it out a bit longer if I were you, as he feels more secure he may realise he has an asset in you. Jobs are hard to come by right now as well.

MelanieGiles
Industry Expert
Contact
by MelanieGiles » Sat Jan 16, 2010 5:27 pm
It sounds as if he has the problem and not you. I am sure he will settle in soon as learn that just because he is a partner that he doesn't really run the show. He will learn to respect you and the part you play in running HIS business.
6 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”