Beautiful set of nails!

31 posts Page 1 of 3

MelanieGiles
Industry Expert
Contact
by MelanieGiles » Sat Jan 16, 2010 7:13 pm
Thanks to one special forum member I now have the most beautiful set of acrylic nails ever. I know it sounds vain, but I can't stop looking at them - and did so all the way home in the car this afternoon which is why I ended up in Bridgend before I realised I had not turned off at the Cardiff junction - and that was using satnav as well!

This lady is really a skilled expert - she has transformed my grotty post-Xmas hands into a real work of art. It is my own little luxury - and have had gelled nails for years, but for anyone who has the misconception that acrylic are harsh on your natural nails - this lady was so gentle I didn't even feel the nail file!

Many thanks C if you are looking in tonight. You have really cheered me up today, after a couple of weeks of post-Xmas blues.

kallis3
Forum Expert
Contact
by kallis3 » Sat Jan 16, 2010 7:17 pm
Nice post Mel, and I think most of us know who you are talking about!

Skippy
by Skippy » Sat Jan 16, 2010 7:24 pm
I know who you mean! Glad you're pleased with them.

After all my questions before Christmas I decided to persevere with my own nails and even if I do say so myself they don't look too bad!

kallis3
Forum Expert
Contact
by kallis3 » Sat Jan 16, 2010 7:32 pm
I had my nails done once, they looked lovely but I'm afraid going ten pin bowling ruined them!

Can't afford it now!

Cath
by Cath » Sat Jan 16, 2010 8:30 pm
Ten pin bowling is a nightmare for nails, natural or enhanced!

As I said before, I'm glad my clents can still afford the luxury of their nails, even in Januray.

PS I'm good at my job, just need to work out more ways of getting busier!
Last edited by Cath on Sat Jan 16, 2010 8:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kallis3
Forum Expert
Contact
by kallis3 » Sat Jan 16, 2010 8:34 pm
I'm glad for your sake Cath.

Skippy
by Skippy » Sat Jan 16, 2010 8:34 pm
Cath, what brands of nail varnish to you recommend?

Cath
by Cath » Sat Jan 16, 2010 8:39 pm
Mel has lovely long nail beds, a pleasure to work on, shame some were a bit trashed!

I'm sure you will be using more hand gesticulations at the conference Mel! xxx

Cath
by Cath » Sat Jan 16, 2010 8:41 pm
Skippy, I should recommend the 'professional' brands but the Rimmel lycra ones are really good and cheap, they go on so well with just one coat!

Skippy
by Skippy » Sat Jan 16, 2010 8:54 pm
I've got a few OPI ones (from Ebay!) but I haven't tried the Rimmel one - I'll have a look next time I'm in Boots!

Cath
by Cath » Sat Jan 16, 2010 9:22 pm
I love OPI, the brush is lush but when you are on a budget they are expensive.

I have a client who brings her own Rimmel for me to polish her nails with as she loves the colour (posh trash) and it lasts 2 weeks minimum on her nails.

Skippy
by Skippy » Sat Jan 16, 2010 9:40 pm
I'll look out for that - I love the name of the colour! My current favourites are Russian Navy and Midnight in Moscow - the closer to black the better!

kallis3
Forum Expert
Contact
by kallis3 » Sat Jan 16, 2010 9:42 pm
Nothing to do with nail polish, but my favourite colour is lilac, and any variation of that shade.

Skippy
by Skippy » Sat Jan 16, 2010 9:47 pm
I love all shades of lilac and purple. My favourite colour is deep purple - one wall in our living room is purple!

Cath
by Cath » Sat Jan 16, 2010 9:55 pm
Those OPI colours are lush Skippy...Midnight in Moscow has a nice bit of glitter and Russian Navy is just that, navy, Orly do a beautiful black.

We have loads of lilac in our house or lIlaac as they call it round these here parts!
31 posts Page 1 of 3
Return to “friends corner”