Post missing!

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
13 posts Page 1 of 1

dots
by dots » Sun Jan 17, 2010 1:05 pm
Where has my post "Over and Out!" gone from "success stories"?
Last edited by dots on Sun Jan 17, 2010 1:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kallis3
Forum Expert
Contact
by kallis3 » Sun Jan 17, 2010 1:12 pm
Probably a forum gremlin - they happen from time to time.

dots
by dots » Sun Jan 17, 2010 1:30 pm
Yep... definately vanished... Also checked my profile and is not in my list of posts... !!!

dots
by dots » Sun Jan 17, 2010 1:33 pm
Thanks, currently un-asleep, so thought I would log on, but there I was, gone!!!

I think this arrangement will only come to life as closed once I get my pay at the end of this month and able to keep i all... then party on! ... and wait the certificate (poss by end of month?)...

Back to bed now ... final night of the week for work, then off for 3 weeks (except for to go in one odd night... uggggh!) ...

admin
Site Admin
Contact
by admin » Sun Jan 17, 2010 2:02 pm
Hi dots,
Sorry your excellent posting has vanished.. this has us puzzled.
Can you remember when it was last seen and we will investigate.

dots
by dots » Sun Jan 17, 2010 2:26 pm
Just a few days ago (less than 7)...

Also I have noticed literally hundreds of my comments have gone missing from their threads/posts... I have started a post and all follows is everyone elses comments and missing my input from the conversation... some whole posts have vanished, but most recent is the "Over and OUT" that was last commented on by Melanie when we ended up discussing the retirement of my main IP

Julie
by Julie » Sun Jan 17, 2010 2:35 pm
Thats strange - I remember the post. Hope admin can trace it Dots.

admin
Site Admin
Contact
by admin » Sun Jan 17, 2010 4:47 pm
Hi dots,
So sorry this has been happening to you. We will do our utmost to try and fathom out what has happened. Meanwhile please could you change your password. I have also sent you an email. Please could you reply simply to confirm that it is yours.

By the way, it is a good idea for all members to periodically change their password

dots
by dots » Mon Jan 18, 2010 7:58 am
Hello Admin,

Sorry not responded immediately, but with being up a lot in day, I ended up nodding off and sprung up for work with no time to spare... I have just got home and I can confirm that I have received your email from yesterday.

As far as passwords are concerned, I will change it, but should be safe as there is noone else in my house apart from my octogenarian parents who have no IT savvy, and my room and PC are always secure.

As the recent message that vanished had a trail of conversation to it, I nor anyone else apart from Admin would have been able to delete the whole thread, or a Gremlin, as Helen mentions...

I have to be realistic about this and advise that I am now extra cautious of the forum tech stability, so will be monitoring my threads very closely and advise you accordingly of any new untoward developments...

Shining
by Shining » Mon Jan 18, 2010 8:47 am
I remember your thread too Dots and hopefully all will be sorted very soon, good advice from admin to change passwords periodically. x

admin
Site Admin
Contact
by admin » Mon Jan 18, 2010 10:09 am
Thanks dots for the confirmation.
We confirm that we have not deleted any of your posts, and we are looking into what can have happened.

dots
by dots » Mon Jan 18, 2010 10:42 am
Thanks Ad

dots
by dots » Mon Jan 18, 2010 10:46 am
Like said... You cannot delete an entire thread when there is more than one person on it as it locks it unless you are Admin... I design webs and know it just cannot happen unless forum internal system controlled deletion or system errors...

As far as individual messages within the thread, I would be able to delete my own messags leaving the others behind in a bizarre confused conversation, but I haven't done that either, so good luck...
13 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”