Not Happy but Patient

20 posts Page 1 of 2

MrsKnight
by MrsKnight » Sun Jan 17, 2010 8:21 pm
Hi all thanks for all your lovely messages on "worried n trying to be positive" post.

Well yes hubby is in as we hoped for but progress is slower than a snail.
Admitted on Wednesday afternoon, basic admittance procedures n in for the night. Thursday x ray done n neuroglist consultant round to ask some Qs n to be given the all clear. Friday - nothing n to be told major tests to start Monday n to be patient! Hubby bored silly saturday n then starts to feel ill. Sunday - full blown hospital sickness bug n very poorly. I was shocked by the look of hubby when I got there today. Still poorly tonight n very depressed - just wants to get on with things n come home.
A "few days" is looking like it will turn into a "few weeks" n becoming ill from what he was, is going to slow it all down. They wont be letting him out till they do the tests n get the results - which will give an answer, hopefully.
There are tests to be done n consultants to visit n they dont seem to be in any rush to get the bed free. 3 days of just sitting n waiting for things to happen or consultants to visit, to us seems a waste of resources, n extra stress n pressure on my hubby the patient n the family. Its also his work thats concerned to, as we expected a "few days" being 2-3 - but now we understand it could be a few weeks.

Poor hubby is about ready to discharge himself but I keep telling him he has to stay n family are telling him too. But we are amazed the time they are taking to do anything n now hubby is ill from being in hospital.
We have had to tell the boys as its going on for to long - sorry for waffling just a wee bit down xxxx

kallis3
Forum Expert
Contact
by kallis3 » Sun Jan 17, 2010 10:59 pm
So sorry things aren't going well Lyns. Don't let him discharge himself though, you need answers as to what is going on and what they can do for him. Be patient, it will all work out in the end.

I can understand what you are going through, my hubby has heart disease and lung problems so I worry about him all the time, and he has spent a lot of time in hospital over the years.

You need yours home and fully fit with answers.

Make sure you tell him that!

Shining
by Shining » Mon Jan 18, 2010 8:53 am
Oh dear Lynns hope you and the boys are ok, I do hope hubby doesn't discharge himself as although it may not seem like it to him, he is in the best place and now he's in they may as well sort out what's wrong with him. x

kallis3
Forum Expert
Contact
by kallis3 » Mon Jan 18, 2010 9:02 am
Hope hubby is feeling better today Lyns.

MrsKnight
by MrsKnight » Mon Jan 18, 2010 10:44 am
Hi all - n thank you.

Hubbys text saying hes feeling bit better n got some sleep last night.
Just have to see if they gona start getting a move on today, not heard anything yet.
He wont discharge himself, n I wont let him! N Jan I will tell him!!
I am finding it quite stressful n a bit tearful n very frustrating too!
Boys are ok - Ive told school n to keep an eye on them. Grandads picking them up everyday this week so I can go every afternoon.
Will try n keep my chin up x

kallis3
Forum Expert
Contact
by kallis3 » Mon Jan 18, 2010 10:48 am
Glad he's doing better this morning Lyns, let's hope he gets some tests done today.

Of course you will be stressed and upset, but you seem to have yourself organised.

You know where we are if you want a virtual shoulder to cry on.

MrsKnight
by MrsKnight » Mon Jan 18, 2010 12:24 pm
I want to scream!
Hubbys phoned feeling much better - but rest of ward is getting it now.

Another day of nothing being done n not cos hubbys been ill. This is day 4 now of being in there n getting on with nothing.
They have "something" booked tomorrow at 11am but what it is they dont have a clue!
An appointment has arrived for a hubby through post for friday - confusing! Taking letter in to show them.
I dont know what to tell his work now - as we dont want them putting holiday through for all this. Gona have to tell them to put him on sick - as we cant see him getting out this week. Already arranged for a cover note from hospital but can only get it when they let him out!
Im very frustrated n dont really know what to do with myself, as I cant do anything to move things along.
I could actually pull someones head off at the minute, must calm down! We r not ungrateful but what a waste of time! Oooo sorry for ranting x

kallis3
Forum Expert
Contact
by kallis3 » Mon Jan 18, 2010 12:35 pm
Don't worry about ranting!

Sounds as though the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing!

The hospital should give him a sick note - he's not going to be discharged soon by the sound of it. Insist on one.

Julie
by Julie » Mon Jan 18, 2010 4:35 pm
Hi Lyns,

The hospital can definitely give hubby a "sick paper".

Apart from the hospital bug, how is hubby feeling? I hope they carry out the test quickly for you hun and give you some answers. You must have the patience of a saint and well done for keeping everything together.

Thinking of you all xx

MrsKnight
by MrsKnight » Tue Jan 19, 2010 11:20 am
Hello - Im really tired today n really tearful not finding all of this very easy n I didnt expect to feel like this.

Mind you - its not what any of us expected at all. They have no idea what they are doing, n hubbys was told he had scars on his lungs n now he does'nt. They are doing something today - but I still have no idea.

Hubbys really depressed n I am trying to keep his spirits up n keep the boys right. But yesterday hubby was so unhappy n got home to boys being very naughty.
Then have to sort tea, which was rubbish really (beans on toast) as I was past it.
Then deal with phoning everyone, hubbys work being great.

I cant get motivated today - Im worrying over silly things, n getting anxiety attacks for no real reasons n just bursting into tears. gotta sort it out!

Skippy
by Skippy » Tue Jan 19, 2010 11:23 am
Sorry you're feeling like that Lyns, but I'm not surprised as you've got so much to cope with at the moment. I hope whatever tests they do today give you some answers xxx

kallis3
Forum Expert
Contact
by kallis3 » Tue Jan 19, 2010 12:22 pm
Of course you're going to feel rubbish Lyns - there is a lot going on at the moment and it's all very stressful. I remember when my hubby had to be taken back into hospital just after he had been discharged after a bypass, with pulmonary embolisms and he was very ill for a few days. I just went to pieces and ended up having to go sick myself with stress.

Hope he is better today.

MrsKnight
by MrsKnight » Wed Jan 20, 2010 9:49 am
Hi Jan, Skippy n Helen.

Thank you - I feel abit better today managed to have a decent Tea yesterday n got some sleep - which both areas i have found difficult.
This is turning out to be a bit of a disaster, on day 8 now n 5 of the days hubby just been sat in a ward with nothing going on. Chest xray done last week is clear n no scarring on lungs so doesnt have TB?!?!?. 2 xrays done yesterday - clear n nothing planned or booked for hubby for the rest of this week. N weekends all departments in hospital close, barring wards n emergency bits. They asked a few days ago to do a HIV test?!?!? N we can tell them the answer to that one ourselves!
The way things are going we are not going to get an answer n they seem to be looking in the wrong places.
They suggested doing 2 tests they did less than 6 months ago - again, why?!?! But its not booked n hubby had them done as a day patient. The liver biopsy if they are going to do one?!? Is done as a day patient too.
One test (colonoscopy) they did in last 6 months didnt work - as it works for some n not others. Told nurse that he doesnt not want to go through it again n she understands- totally!!
Hubby doesnt see the point in just sitting there, they are not even doing any form of monitoring & he is even doing his own charts n medication.
Waiting for docs to come to ward to see what they are going to say - frustrating!
Sorry for ranting - again!!!

kallis3
Forum Expert
Contact
by kallis3 » Wed Jan 20, 2010 10:59 am
Lyns, this is dreadful! Fancy having to do your own monitoring! I do feel really sorry for all of you and wish there was something I could do.

They don't seem to know what they are doing do they? I hope the doctors can give some answers today.

Depending upon what happens, I would seriously consider complaining.

You come on and rant all you like!

Shining
by Shining » Wed Jan 20, 2010 6:44 pm
Hang in there Lyns, they'll probably be monitoring him from afar hopefully Quark will be on and he's a nurse so may be able to advise further.

I can only imagine the frustration you're feeling but now he's in I would guess it's best he sees it through x
20 posts Page 1 of 2
Return to “friends corner”