My credit rating is 100% fine, but

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
5 posts Page 1 of 1

amanda.th
by amanda.th » Mon Jan 18, 2010 9:42 am
My credit rating is 100% fine, but my boyfriend is due to move in with me and he currently has an IVA with 3 years left to pay (from his previous relationship - his ex girlfriend is named on it). Firstly, will they take into consideration my money & adjust his IVA accordingly, and secondly will this damage my credit rating?

kallis3
Forum Expert
Contact
by kallis3 » Mon Jan 18, 2010 9:45 am
Hi Amanda and welome.

Your credit rating will not be affected at all unless you have any joint loans.

The IVA company will want to see that you are both paying your share into the house so it may mean that his contributions go up.

Shining
by Shining » Mon Jan 18, 2010 9:46 am
hi Amanda and welcome to the forum.

I don't think they will reassess his payment based on your income, they will want to know what he is paying to you to help toward rent/mortgage and utility bills, best to keep this above board and provide him with a rent book maybe??

Your credit rating should remain unaffected.

Is he in an interlocking IVA with his ex-girlfriend, not sure of how that would work but a professional will be along very soon to clarify.

All the best x

Michael Peoples
Industry Expert
Contact
by Michael Peoples » Mon Jan 18, 2010 11:29 am
Your boyfriend will have to notify his IP as his address will have changed in addition to his circumstances. It will have nothing to do with you as effectively he should be treated as a lodger by you and will have no claim on the property nor can his creditors have a claim on your income.

MelanieGiles
Industry Expert
Contact
by MelanieGiles » Mon Jan 18, 2010 8:19 pm
I agree with Michael - treat yourself as flatmates and agree what you each will pay towards shared bills. This should be proportinate to your earnings or on a 50/50 basis. There is no way that your new partner should be prejudiced as a result of an old relationship.
5 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”