Has anyone had any dealings with my-iva-adviser.co

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
8 posts Page 1 of 1

pickings
by pickings » Mon Jan 18, 2010 9:00 pm
Has anyone had any dealings with my-iva-adviser.co.uk. I think their company name is My Financial Solutions Ltd
Trafford House,
Southmoor Industrial Estate,
Southmoor Rd,
Manchester,
Lancashire
M23 9XD
We have just started down the road to an iva, and want to find the right company.

MelanieGiles
Industry Expert
Contact
by MelanieGiles » Mon Jan 18, 2010 9:21 pm
Hi there and welcome to the forum

I've never heard of this firm, but doubt that they are insolvency practitioners themselves. They are possibly a firm who introduce cases to insolvency practitioners, and Size 5 may know more about them as he is based in the Manchester area.

On checking the Consumer Credit Licence for their parent company, it does appear that they trade under a number of different names, and the name you refer to is just one of them.

Have you given them a call yet?
Last edited by MelanieGiles on Mon Jan 18, 2010 9:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Shining
by Shining » Mon Jan 18, 2010 9:24 pm
Hi Pickings, welcome to the forum. I would suggest if you can to take a look at www.iva.com and contact a couple more companies for some free impartial advice. The professionals who post on forum also come highly recommended.

This is assuming of course that you're at a stage where you can take alternative advice to that of the company you've contacted.

pickings
by pickings » Mon Jan 18, 2010 10:09 pm
Thanks for the replies. We have already phoned them and went thru our details with them, we are now awaiting their pack. They passed our information to a Suzanne Byron, administrator/ Debt Solutions
RSM Tenon. She telephoned us and confirmed that she would act for us as regards an iva. We are now in the process of gathering all the paperwork that she will need.
We have read so many horror stories, that we just dont want to make the mistake of going with the wrong company.

Shining
by Shining » Mon Jan 18, 2010 10:14 pm
I would suggest you contact and talk to 2 or 3 companies to get the impartial advice, that way you'll be sure you've made the right choice of IP. All the best.

MelanieGiles
Industry Expert
Contact
by MelanieGiles » Mon Jan 18, 2010 10:35 pm
That is interesting to know that this firm passes its leads to Tenon. Thank you for sharing that information and good luck with your application.

kallis3
Forum Expert
Contact
by kallis3 » Mon Jan 18, 2010 11:11 pm
Hi, welcome from me as well.

I agree with Lesley that you should contact several firms before deciding which one you want to go with.

As well as the link she posted, you could click on the experts link on the left hand side of the page and use one of the companies who post on here.

Darkdog
by Darkdog » Mon Jan 18, 2010 11:19 pm
most certainly contact at least a couple more, there are many out there who are after your business, the first one I contacted is still e-mailing me. make sure you are comfortable with your choice and don't rush in
8 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”