OMG!! can anyone put my mind at rest.

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
7 posts Page 1 of 1

gail.gy
by gail.gy » Mon Jan 18, 2010 9:01 pm
OMG!! can anyone put my mind at rest. having been on the phone to various companies and now in process of waiting for a courier to pick up documents from my home via bains and ernst...can anyone re-assure me that i'm doing the right thing. i'm beginning to have sleepless nights and whilst i have been, up-to-date, paying all creditors can see no light at the end of the tunnel. I am however now wondering whether i have made the right decision. please help!!

MelanieGiles
Industry Expert
Contact
by MelanieGiles » Mon Jan 18, 2010 9:06 pm
Hi Gail and welcome to the forum

Are you sure you have been fully advised of all the options, and given sufficient time to consider whether you are doing the right thing?

Why don't you just post the documents to this company in your own time if you are feeling pressurised by the presence of a courier.

And why not take a second or third opinion before committing, just to compare the options discussed and also the level of client service. There is usually more that one option, and time spent now - perhaps in discussions with other professionals - can save an awful lot of pain and heartache at a later stage.

Shining
by Shining » Mon Jan 18, 2010 9:31 pm
Hi Gail and welcome to the forum, excellent advice from Melanie and it might be worth just stalling them until you've spoken to at least 2 or 3 companies and are 100% happy yourself with your decision, no point in letting anyone hurry things along, it all needs to be done in your own time and when you're confident you've appointed the right providor to work for you as 60 months is a long journey together and you need to be happy with the situation and your IP, make sure the IP is contactable too.

kallis3
Forum Expert
Contact
by kallis3 » Mon Jan 18, 2010 10:55 pm
Totally agree with both Mel and Lesley - make sure you are happy with the company you are dealing with before you commit to anything.

Darkdog
by Darkdog » Mon Jan 18, 2010 11:27 pm
if you are currently up to date you have time to make an informed decision, as said get a few companies to advice you. Don't rush in just yet, i am glad I didn't, you will start to get calls once you fall behind with creditors but that will happen with who ever you go with for a while whilst you get sorted, our calls have almost stopped now, don't know if Melanie's team have contacted any but I haven't, maybe the quite before the storm

Simbel
by Simbel » Tue Jan 19, 2010 9:51 am
Gail, I echo what everyone has said please contact a couple more companies if you are feeling under pressure, I had the same problem (not with the same company though) and fortunately for me I found this forum before the courier came to collect our paperwork. I was advised to contact a couple more companies and work through my options and see which company I would feel more comfortable with - after all you will be entering into a long term relationship with them. From what I have seen the experts who advise on this forum are all truly excellent so I would call one or two of their companies and then make a decision. You can always cancel the courier you know, just call them up and say the paperwork is not ready or you need more time to digest things over.

rayb
by rayb » Tue Jan 19, 2010 9:54 am
Hi,

I am assuming that you are going for an IVA as opposed to a DMP as Baines and Ernst only do DMP's and will pass your details on to Blair Endersby who are there sister company.

Baines and Ernst will more than likely charge you to pass you on to them so you may be better going with someone else entirely. You can see various reviews on www.iva.com to compare companies and please take advice from at least 3 IP's before proceeding as you will be tied in to a 5 year arrangement and it is very important that you are happy with your chosen company. Can I also add I am with Blair Endersby and I personally would not recommend them as they do not offer a very helpful service when you need assistance - Great at first though.
7 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”