Hi many thks to all those who responded

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
5 posts Page 1 of 1

gail.gy
by gail.gy » Tue Jan 19, 2010 5:37 pm
Hi many thks to all those who responded to my question yesterday. am new to this and dealing alone so rather scary. just wondered if anyone may give any indication which way my app will go if i have been up to date with debts but some debts have only been chipping away at for over four years yet bulk of debt is with creditor whom i not fallen behind with...do they look at the bigger picture in that i'm never going to re-pay everyone or simply that i'm uptodate with them so will vote against iva app. in short, my bank who i owe most to i have not defaulted etc...do they look at my total debt or just what i owe them. hope this long winded question makes sense. many thanks...there some kind hearted people out there x

Adam Davies
by Adam Davies » Tue Jan 19, 2010 6:01 pm
Hi
Your creditors will look at the bigger picture and I would say that the majority of people who start the IVA process are upto date with all payments. What advice have you been given by your IVA company about paying your creditors over the next couple of months ?
Regards

Shining
by Shining » Tue Jan 19, 2010 9:10 pm
Hi Gail, when I first enquired about an IVA I had missed no payments and was coping 'just', I knew the credit was coming to an end and knew I needed help, with the help of a very good IP my IVA was accepted.

kallis3
Forum Expert
Contact
by kallis3 » Tue Jan 19, 2010 10:59 pm
Hi Gail,

Have you opened a new bank account yet?

You need to open one with a bank that is not a creditor. The Co-op come recommended.

I would do it as soon as possible.

MelanieGiles
Industry Expert
Contact
by MelanieGiles » Wed Jan 20, 2010 2:48 am
Have you discussed matters specifically with an insolvency practitioner yet Gail? If not, they would be able to give you a far better picture of the chances of success.
5 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”