accident

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
6 posts Page 1 of 1

orchid5
by orchid5 » Wed Jan 20, 2010 9:08 am
Hi all hope you are all well and getting over the festivities as well as that awful weather. Sadly i was one of the unlucky ones who got hit in her car and am presently in the process of getting it fixed. I have been asked to sign a credit agreement for the car hire that my insurers have put me in contact with to provide me with a car whilst mine is being fixed? all i am going to pay is the waiver damage costs of £1.50 per day as this wasn't my fault as far as i can gleem from this, can i sign that? it might seem a silly question but that old chesnut of credit agreement is somewhat making me nervous. xxx

Michael Peoples
Industry Expert
Contact
by Michael Peoples » Wed Jan 20, 2010 9:29 am
It is only a problem if you obtain credit 'without the consent of the supervisor'. Your IP should have no problem in giving consent for this agreement so contact them and explain.

orchid5
by orchid5 » Wed Jan 20, 2010 12:18 pm
Thanks for the reply Michael's people, i actually phoned the company up and basically it's to allow them to persue the claim for the charges of the hire vehicle should the other persons insurers not pay up, i don't pay anything as i have an angel policc and as i have already had a phone call from the person who hit my car to admit liability i don't think this will be a problem. Phew mind put back at rest now.
Last edited by orchid5 on Wed Jan 20, 2010 12:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kallis3
Forum Expert
Contact
by kallis3 » Wed Jan 20, 2010 12:31 pm
Sorry you had the bump orchid, but glad you are ok and that you won't be out of pocket with the car.

orchid5
by orchid5 » Wed Jan 20, 2010 7:46 pm
Thanks all, yes i shall be happier once i have got my car back it's a 51 plate and i'm now worried that they won't fix it if it isn't viable to do so then the problems begin grrrrr, let's hope the snow does stay away now and we get back to normality. xx

Skippy
by Skippy » Wed Jan 20, 2010 8:55 pm
Sorry to hear you've had an accident Orchid, but I'm glad you weren't hurt.

Fingers crossed they sort your car out ASAP xxx
6 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”