letter of variation

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
12 posts Page 1 of 1

moneypenny
by moneypenny » Thu Jan 21, 2010 12:06 am
could someone read the letter that i was emailed today regarding a variation of my IVA. as i was not happy with them putting "the debtor's have advised me that they have suffered increase's in monthly expen"
this wasn't the case, the expen has changed because i am entitled to more than just scraping by, and the old exp was done by the company not me.
Won't they discuss my issues with them, or is it simply they make it seem that i can't maintain and could fail. i did ask to be at the new meeting with creditors, but they said it was all done by fax, have can i explain myself to creditors. i did write a huge letter to ip company, why don't they send it to credotors.

I can email the letter to mel or andy or someone who would read it and advise please.

MelanieGiles
Industry Expert
Contact
by MelanieGiles » Thu Jan 21, 2010 12:40 am
When you say you are "entitled to" does this equate to what you actually spend, or what you feel you should be spending? Regardless of the issues you have with your IP, I would not muddy the waters with creditors in this matter. I think the IPs explanation is fair in the circumstances - but you might want it worded

"the debtors have advised me that they have suffered increases in monthly expenditure as a result of their original budget being unrealistic"

I'm happy to read the letter for you if you think it would help.

moneypenny
by moneypenny » Thu Jan 21, 2010 12:50 am
thanks mel, everylittle piece of advise is worht its weight in gold to me. I just want this to be sorted a.s.a.p so i can then get back back to budgeting and look forward to the future, i never want to gthrough what ive been through the last 8 months, but ive learned my lesson well, i have never had a xmas like this one, but funnily it turned out good, besides the depression, i was amazed that a little is a lot.

i'll find your email address and send you a copy. thanks

MelanieGiles
Industry Expert
Contact
by MelanieGiles » Thu Jan 21, 2010 1:52 am
I cannot open the file - it is corrupt. Could you send it through again please.

kallis3
Forum Expert
Contact
by kallis3 » Thu Jan 21, 2010 6:42 am
Good luck moneypenny, hope you get it sorted.

moneypenny
by moneypenny » Thu Jan 21, 2010 9:39 pm
Thankyou Mel, you ar solid gold.[:D]
my expen is what i actually spend, the original one was taken apart and a lot of stuff was taken off, so i'm keeping my finger's crossed that this new one is accepted. It is workable and everything is covered. We still are on a hard road, but it feels softer today, i just want my home stress free, and move forward to living again. we are going to the pictures this weekend, our first real treat in 8mths, as xmas was a huge nightmare.

I would like to thank everyone that has listened to my ups and down's and your support has been invaluable. my lessons have been mind blowing, and i know that my future is gonna be bright.

my heart goes out to all the people that are in crisis with there debts at this time, but i have found that there is always help no matter how down and out you feel. you just have to keep talking. [8D][:)]

Skippy
by Skippy » Thu Jan 21, 2010 9:54 pm
Good luck Moneypenny, I hope your variation is successful x

MRBLUESKY
by MRBLUESKY » Thu Jan 21, 2010 10:15 pm
hi moneypenny your having a rough time at the minute,i understand your anxiety,seems you are trying your best to me,hopefully your variation will make things more manageable,keep calm and good luck.

kallis3
Forum Expert
Contact
by kallis3 » Thu Jan 21, 2010 10:21 pm
Let us know when you get a date.

Enjoy the cinema this weekend.

Lisa2009
by Lisa2009 » Thu Jan 21, 2010 10:55 pm
Best of luck xx

moneypenny
by moneypenny » Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:30 pm
hi everyone, havn't posted for a while but have been reading.
me and hubby had a great night at cinema, its was a real treat and needed at the time.

on a new note, have still not got any news on the variation, contact our supervisor today, and have been told that the credotors have until 25 feb to reply, and as of today not one has replied yet, so still having to pay the original amount, not good for us, because the longer they take the less we can build up contingencies. the struggle continues, and i'm very depressed at this time, i'm wanting to leave my husband, i cant stand being near him at the moment, ive been awful, i'm not sleeping either. I'm turning 50 in a wk and wanted to celebrate, but just feel like giving up, i feel like walking out of my life and starting on my own, the only thing that holds me back is my daughter, she is 9 in march and loves us both, i just couldn't hurt her, so i'm still here. My husband and i don not shout or argue, its in the eve when little one is in bed, i just go to my bed and cry, nothing is done in front of her..
sorry for the moan, i have seen a doc and have just had blood tests taken, perhaps i need HRT, I DONT KNOW, its an accumilation of debt, beeing with a company thats hard to communicate with plus the change of life. it does make me feel better to sprout it off, and hubby is on nights. anyway i'll just carry on until it all smoothes out, or i crack up. its hard to stay positive. apoligies again if i make any one upset. check in again soon.

MelanieGiles
Industry Expert
Contact
by MelanieGiles » Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:36 pm
Creditors don't usually vote until the last minute, so just be a little more patient and then I am sure you will get the result you desire.
12 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”