We started and IVA in April 2007

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
9 posts Page 1 of 1

natalie_fr
by natalie_fr » Thu Jan 21, 2010 6:48 pm
We started and IVA in April 2007, when we signed the agreement it was for £303 per month, after 6 months they said we were not paying the correct amount and it was actually £330 per month! so we caught up and signed another bank form to release that amount,everything was going smoothly until February 2009 when they asked for our annual expendature (even though it was 2 years! so we told them every detail, also my husband is self employed, over 2 years obviously our expendature was a lot higher as cost of livingbhad gone up considerably and we were struggling to pay £330 a month, after supplying them with all the info they needed in august i rang and asked what was happening only to be told it had been passed onto another person and he was on holiday, so in september we hadnt heard anything and rang and they said we need to send in all the details again!!!so i resent the e-mails i had sent in the previous months, thinking it was now being sorted i left it a while and in december rang they said we dont earn enough to meet the payments and can we make it so we do! and they sent us a cash flow chart to fill out, my husband works from month to month so end of this week he will get a sheet from his agent for work in February so it is difficult to do a monthly chart but we worked it out best we could basically based on the years before income, only then to be told we earn more than enough to meet the payments and now need to get it down, we havent made any payments since august because i thought it was being sorted and waiting for a new amount, we have paid £100 now and then but its worrying and stress of losing the house. my husband has had a phonecall from someone regarding a Dept Management plan but I would like some advise before we change anything.

Thanks x

kallis3
Forum Expert
Contact
by kallis3 » Thu Jan 21, 2010 6:59 pm
Hi Natalie and welcome to the forum.

Can you confirm that it is an IVA you are in and not a Debt Management Plan? Usually, in an IVA, if you stop paying for three months your IVA will fail.

You can easily find out if you are in an IVA by checking the insolvency register via this link:

http://www.insolvency.gov.uk/eiir/

If your details are on there you will be in an IVA.

What company are you with?

fletch76
by fletch76 » Thu Jan 21, 2010 7:11 pm
Hi yes it is an IVA we are in and we are with Blair Endesby [:)]

kallis3
Forum Expert
Contact
by kallis3 » Thu Jan 21, 2010 7:24 pm
It sounds as though you have had some real problems with them. You do need to speak to someone there and find out exactly what is going on.

You should have a realistic I&E, not one which changes the way this has.

If you can't get any joy out of the office staff, try emailing your IP direct via this link:

http://www.insolvency-service.co.uk/newipsearch.htm

I hope this gets sorted. Let us know how you get on.

fletch76
by fletch76 » Thu Jan 21, 2010 7:41 pm
Thanks Jan for your prompt reply x i will let you know how we get on, my head is spinning at the moment with different options i.e. bankrupcy, debt management plan, bankrupcy is looking favourable but then we have the question of would we be eligable for a council house? with 2 kids would we be high on the list, dont think we can privately rent as our mortgage is only £266 a month and its about £500 + to rent privaly which is a no no! oh well i will speak to b&e tomorrow and see what the outcome is. Thank you so much, its nice to know there are people out there that know what they are talking about and are on your side :)

kallis3
Forum Expert
Contact
by kallis3 » Thu Jan 21, 2010 7:47 pm
We are all on your side on here, you will get loads of support and advice.

Let us know what BE say.

MelanieGiles
Industry Expert
Contact
by MelanieGiles » Thu Jan 21, 2010 8:00 pm
Manipulaton of a clients figures at annual review stage, and advising clients to make things fit to show that payments are afforable, is pretty poor client service.

I suggest a chat with your IP directly to let him/her know what their staff are advising you to do would be sensible.

fletch76
by fletch76 » Thu Jan 21, 2010 9:41 pm
Thank you Melanie, because I was starting to think it was us that was in the wrong, but i couldnt of put it in better words myself, I shall be speaking to our IP, not sure who he/she is as I thought I was dealing with him but from what I can gather he must just work in the office!, not sure, im going to find our information out as they are not very good at communication and look up our IP and get some answers tomorrow, I thought they were there to help us out of this situation! I will post tomorrow with the outcome x thank you all for your help xx

kallis3
Forum Expert
Contact
by kallis3 » Thu Jan 21, 2010 9:43 pm
Check out your IP on the link I posted - you can go direct to them from there.
9 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”