Payment breaks.

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
13 posts Page 1 of 1

stirling
by stirling » Fri Jan 22, 2010 11:23 am
If I was to ask for a Payment Break at the end of this month,which would be my first one (£228), and then caught back up over the next 2 months. I have no council tax payments due(£125)Feb & Mar. My question is come April would I still be allowed 3 breaks or is it considered I've had one all be it paid back up and to date?

Michael Peoples
Industry Expert
Contact
by Michael Peoples » Fri Jan 22, 2010 11:45 am
I do not think your IP would be too picky on this one. However, it does depend on the wording which may refer to missing three payments or going three payments into arrears. These have clearly different menaings so a word with your own IP should clear it up.

MelanieGiles
Industry Expert
Contact
by MelanieGiles » Fri Jan 22, 2010 7:56 pm
Common sense should prevail here. If a payment has been missed, but made up at a later date, then the default should be removed from record. At least it would on my watch!

orange
by orange » Sat Jan 23, 2010 5:26 pm
we had to miss a payment melaine....but were told couldnt be authorised..never missed one in 4 and a half years so dont think weve done bad.theres been no mention of making up payments...do you think they will tag it on the end?.weve got a year and a half to go and 12months of that is to make up equity.its a long hard slog each month cant wait for the end!

MelanieGiles
Industry Expert
Contact
by MelanieGiles » Sun Jan 24, 2010 12:55 pm
I am sure that the payment will be added to the end of your IVA orange. A quick call to your IP would confirm this point.

orange
by orange » Sun Jan 24, 2010 3:27 pm
wont be calling them ..they arnt very helpful and dont communicate much.cant wait to be out of our iva ..wish we had you melaine

kallis3
Forum Expert
Contact
by kallis3 » Sun Jan 24, 2010 3:57 pm
Speak to your IP direct Orange, rather than the office staff.

http://www.insolvency-service.co.uk/newipsearch.htm

MelanieGiles
Industry Expert
Contact
by MelanieGiles » Sun Jan 24, 2010 5:31 pm
How sad that you feel that you cannot call your IP firm for advice. As you say the sooner your IVA is completed the better.

stirling
by stirling » Wed Jan 27, 2010 11:09 am
Just to give you all an update on this, I spoke with my case manager at the CCCS(va)and providing I make up the arrears I am still entitled to three payment breaks. He only wanted to know how this could be achieved on my allowances and I explained that council tax was collected ten monthly and this allowed me the additional income to catch back up in the two months when I had no payments.

MelanieGiles
Industry Expert
Contact
by MelanieGiles » Wed Jan 27, 2010 11:30 am
Sounds like you have received good advice there Stirling.

kallis3
Forum Expert
Contact
by kallis3 » Wed Jan 27, 2010 6:51 pm
Great news Stirling.

orange
by orange » Fri Jan 29, 2010 2:51 pm
our IPS firm are very un helpful melaine..one guy was rude to me when i found out if i was pregnant he asked if it was a mistake!!.(remember that one melaine)at the time should have reported him but was scared.my husband has spoken to another guy who was half human But wont be recommending them.count down !funny world our last payment ends the same mouth our daughter goes to school

MelanieGiles
Industry Expert
Contact
by MelanieGiles » Fri Jan 29, 2010 11:36 pm
I certainly do - and I still thing you were treated appallingly. Just look forward to that last payment and then put all of this behind you.
13 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”