What should I do, Advise please

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
7 posts Page 1 of 1

GettingHelp
by GettingHelp » Fri Jan 22, 2010 12:58 pm
Egg Bank, my partner has just received a call from them, the debt is nothing to do with him, he rang them once and they have stored his number, quite embarrasing as he was at work and its a company mobile. They then rang me I answered and they put the phone down?

Any advise would be appreciated, Partner not happy and he told them so, he said that if they didnt take his number off the system he would report them.

GettingHelp
by GettingHelp » Fri Jan 22, 2010 1:01 pm
Also, they called me at work and the lady from Egg was very snotty, informed the receptionist it was Very Urgent I contact gave phone numbers, hours etc and then to add insult to injury made the receptionist read the message back word for word. I can cope with them on the mobile, but work? dont know how to deal with this :(

Michael Peoples
Industry Expert
Contact
by Michael Peoples » Fri Jan 22, 2010 1:05 pm
Ring Egg and explain that you cannot take calls at work. Also explain that your partner has been contacted which is a grave breach of data protection. Tell them to remove all numbers from their system except your mobile and give them times that you would be available to take their calls.

Most creditors are fine with this provided you do not then duck their calls at the appointed times.

kallis3
Forum Expert
Contact
by kallis3 » Fri Jan 22, 2010 1:12 pm
You can always tell your work colleagues that they are trying to get you to take out further credit. It might save any embarrassment.

GettingHelp
by GettingHelp » Fri Jan 22, 2010 1:15 pm
I have already told egg I cannot take calls at work, but they still insist on calling. Jan I will bear that in mind thanks x

kallis3
Forum Expert
Contact
by kallis3 » Fri Jan 22, 2010 1:30 pm
It's worth a shot. You can just say that they won't take no for an answer.

If you speak to them on your mobile again, tell them that if they persist in calling you at work you will lose your job, have to declare bankruptcy and they will get nothing.

Shining
by Shining » Fri Jan 22, 2010 1:58 pm
That is terrible and surely wrong of them to store your hubby's number when he's called them once. I would go along the data protection route. I hope you get it sorted as all good advice above.
7 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”