hello my iva last payment is march 2010

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
24 posts Page 2 of 2

kallis3
Forum Expert
Contact
by kallis3 » Sat Jan 23, 2010 12:39 pm
Problem is that a lot of people don't even think about that, they're just happy to have found a solution to their problems.

It certainly never crossed my mind at the time.

MelanieGiles
Industry Expert
Contact
by MelanieGiles » Sat Jan 23, 2010 12:49 pm
I equate it to being ill Jan - or even getting divorced as an extreme example.

Would you take advice from a receptionist in a call centre if you were feeling unwell, or want to speak to the doctor himself. Would you want an unqualified legal clerk arguing with your husband's solicitor over your financial settlement, or want to know that the solicitor in charge was dealing with your case?

Hypothetical examples, but why should voluntary arrangements and bankruptcy work be any different. A voluntary arrangement is a contractal agreement which will in all ways affect your life over the next five years - hopefully for the better. It is so essential to get things right in the first place, and importantly to ensure that you can speak to the ultimate decision maker at any stage of the process if you want to.

kallis3
Forum Expert
Contact
by kallis3 » Sat Jan 23, 2010 1:01 pm
I do agree Mel, but the vast majority of people, myself included, had no idea what an IP was when we started out and assumed that the people we dealt with on the phone were the ones we needed to speak to.

It was only after coming on here that I found out all about it.

MelanieGiles
Industry Expert
Contact
by MelanieGiles » Sat Jan 23, 2010 2:14 pm
I agree and definately think that Insolvency Practitioners need to work better at their PR in order that members of the general public are more aware of what we do.

Skippy
by Skippy » Sat Jan 23, 2010 2:16 pm
Like Jan I'd never heard of an IP, and I was certainly never told I could speak to anyone other than my case manager. Maybe I should have asked more questions, but when you're desperate you're just grateful for help.

kallis3
Forum Expert
Contact
by kallis3 » Sat Jan 23, 2010 2:24 pm
It should be part of an initial conversation with the firm that you choose so you know exactly what's what.

The only thing I remember being told was that I could attend the creditors meeting if I wanted to.

Skippy
by Skippy » Sat Jan 23, 2010 2:26 pm
I wasn't even told that!

densbar
by densbar » Sat Jan 23, 2010 4:55 pm
if i have to pay another 12 payments the iva should conclude in my view because in the next 12 months you could still lose your house,when i took out the iva i was told 60 payments not 72,i would rather raise 12 payments in a remorgage at lease the iva would be complete.
still dont understand ?????
thanks for the replies anyway!!!

MelanieGiles
Industry Expert
Contact
by MelanieGiles » Sun Jan 24, 2010 12:54 pm
You really should get your IP to explain the equity release provisiom densbar - which should have been done at the time you agreed your IVA proposals. I am sure they they will be happy to run through this with you so that both sides understand what needs to happen and when.
24 posts Page 2 of 2
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”