Notice of coding from HMRC

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
17 posts Page 2 of 2

Skippy
by Skippy » Wed Feb 03, 2010 4:34 pm
Thanks for that Darkdog.

Guess what came in the post for me today?!?! Yes, another notice of coding - 4 now since the beginning of January. This one had the £1 deducted, but the underpayment is still wrong, it's more than on the letter they sent me advising me I'd underpaid!

This really is beyond a joke now, as I know there'll be more to come as when I spoke to them yesterday I was told that they'd reissue my code.

I'll need a box file just for my coding notices at this rate!

Skippy
by Skippy » Fri Mar 12, 2010 10:07 pm
An update - I've had a few more tax codes since I last posted, none of them right!

I phoned up and spoke to someone relatively intelligent (that seems to be a rarity) and gave her the correct amount for my Bupa payment and she told me that she would send me an amended code.

True to her word she did that, but they are still taxing me for a potential underpayment for tax year 2010/2011!

I really don't understand what's so difficult about getting my tax code right - I have an underpayment of £90, and all the other figures are now correct! What really makes me laugh (apart from the appalling grammar!) is that they tell you it's important to make sure they've got your tax code right - how the hell am I supposed to know if it's correct when HMRC are incapable of getting the basic figures correct?!?!

I'll be phoning yet again on Monday and I am really ready to let rip!
17 posts Page 2 of 2
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”