How long before creditors start chasing??

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
34 posts Page 3 of 3

Andy1964
by Andy1964 » Sat Jan 23, 2010 11:05 pm
What if you answer the phone and tell them the person they're after has emmigrated to New Zealand, imagine the panic that would start!

Darkdog
by Darkdog » Sat Jan 23, 2010 11:40 pm
When we first stopped our payments the calls and letters did come thick and fast, I did not answer when I knew the number, but as posted they do call from different numbers, if I got to answer I refused the security questions until they could prove who they were, which of course they can't.
But now I know Melanie is preparing my proposal over this weekend I have answered any calls and told them that my IVA proposal will be presented shortly which has almost stopped the calls for today, I had one from Barclays though who was very persistent I made some form of payment, and when I explained the situation he asked "what made decide to do an IVA", Fed up with this call now so I told him "because I am Insolvent you idiot" he then ended the call

Diddy
by Diddy » Sun Jan 24, 2010 7:55 am
The thing I have found so frustrating is their blinkered approach and that they just don't listen to what your telling them unless its your debit card number of course.

I understand they have a job to do, and I have tried to keep my creditors updated with what I'm doing and how I plan to bring my situation to a conclusion, but they don't make it easy for you.

I am looking forward to the day when my telephone calls don't start with my Date of Birth and house address

kallis3
Forum Expert
Contact
by kallis3 » Sun Jan 24, 2010 9:07 am
I like that one Darkdog!

The call centres work on commision, so it is in their best interests to bully you into paying.

Just stick to your guns and don't let them get to you.
34 posts Page 3 of 3
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”