1st post

26 posts Page 1 of 2

Struzzo39
by Struzzo39 » Sun Jan 24, 2010 6:15 pm
Hi all,
Have been looking at the site for the last couple of days. Lots of interesting chat and advice it seems. You all seem a very friendly and helpful bunch. We are just starting on the road to IVA and have just sent all our paperwork off to payplan to begin. The calls and letters from creditors have yet to start (not looking forward to this bit I have to say)as we kept things going robbing Peter to pay Paul if you will. Have sent all creditors a covering letter and a token payment this week (we owe in the region of £35,000 to 6 different creditors although 50% is to Britannia. Hopefully it won't be too many weeks before we have our meeting, very nervous and we both have plenty of worries, but after reading many of your posts I can sort of see a glint of light appearing in the tunnel (Approval of the IVA will of course widen this greatly. Sorry for rambling on a bit,
Regards to you all,
Steve & Debbie

Skippy
by Skippy » Sun Jan 24, 2010 6:18 pm
Hi and welcome to the forum.

Good luck with your IVA proposal, I'm sure you'll be fine - Payplan are a good company.

Please keep posting on here - there's always someone around whether it's for advice or moral support and a chat x

Shining
by Shining » Sun Jan 24, 2010 6:18 pm
Hi Steve and Debbie and welcome to the forum, I hope your IVA application goes smoothly and gets that acceptance you're looking for. Whichever way you deal with your creditors in the interim is up to you and I hope the calls/letters aren't too bad for you.

We certainly like to think we are friendly, non-judgemental and most of all supportive, you have the professionals who post too and they offer excellent advice.

You know where we are if you need anything and look forward to further posts.

Struzzo39
by Struzzo39 » Mon Jan 25, 2010 9:52 am
Thanks all for your kind words. I have just taken my first missed payment call from mint and decided to speak to them and meet it head on. It seemed to go surprisingly well, I didn't give mobile or works numbers out and once I expained the situation and company I was using he did nothing more than take payplans reference & phone number & advise me to keep making my token payments. Maybe I am being lulled by the calm before the storm, but hopefully things will not get too hairy before my date arrives

Shining
by Shining » Mon Jan 25, 2010 10:08 am
I hope your date soon comes around and basically if you're choosing to make token payments and speaking to them politely there is nothing they can do, apart from update their records, I do know some creditors representatives get aggressive and possibly threatening but just stick to your guns and each day brings that meeting a little closer.

kallis3
Forum Expert
Contact
by kallis3 » Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:28 pm
Welcome from me as well. Hope you get a date soon.

Struzzo39
by Struzzo39 » Tue Jan 26, 2010 4:18 pm
And the phone calls begin..........................[:(]

kallis3
Forum Expert
Contact
by kallis3 » Tue Jan 26, 2010 4:30 pm
It's the worst part of the IVA process I think, dreading answering the phone and trying not to be intimidated by the bullies on the other end.

Don't let them get to you, and you know that you can come and have a rant on here at any time.

Dominic
by Dominic » Tue Jan 26, 2010 4:57 pm
i got a call display device for my phone and any numbers i was not expecting to call went to the answerphone.

Dominic
by Dominic » Tue Jan 26, 2010 4:58 pm
this is the bT caller display unit

http://www.rocom.co.uk/top/other/caller-display.htm

steppingstones
by steppingstones » Tue Jan 26, 2010 6:59 pm
Hi Steve & Debbie.
Welcome to the forum. I'm just starting the IVA process as well. I spoke to an insolvency manager last week and I'm just waiting for my proposal to come through from my IP. I completely know how you are feeling about the phone calls as I have just started getting mine. I had a couple at work today which was a bit awkward as I don't want my colleagues to know my situation. I am hoping to field the calls to home so that I can deal with them on an evening.

relieved33
by relieved33 » Tue Jan 26, 2010 7:59 pm
we had a few weeks of numerous calls a day - normally from MBNA that did carry on for a couple of weeks after approval but nothing since. I've just seen a post of mine on another thread and cannot believe I am 10% of the way through already. Thanks in no small part to this forum!! [:D]

Hang in there with the phone calls - things usually have to get worse before they get better but once you have an IVA you are happy with in place, things will be sooooo much better!

Max
by Max » Tue Jan 26, 2010 8:16 pm
Re telephone calls - one of my creditors telephoned 29 times in one day -a call centre yet at the end of the day that creditor did their best to help and supported my IVA! Crazy world some of them live in - the calls will stop - just hang in.

Struzzo39
by Struzzo39 » Tue Jan 26, 2010 9:10 pm
Thanks for all your kindness and support. So far the calls havn't been too bad. Brittania most helpful. Just waiting for the storm to break though. Luckily all calls have been to the home number, but unfortunately for us we have family looking after our children there. So not only are we worrying about the calls coming but also worrying that one of the creditors may say something to them - pride as no-one close to us knows of this situation that we've found ourselves in. Roll on approval day!!!Good luck sally too.

Dominic
by Dominic » Tue Jan 26, 2010 10:56 pm
i remember the calls would start at 6.00 PM and go on to 8.30 PM, so i told all my freinds and family to call my mobile.

If you can get either a call display unit, or rely on a mobile and the nuclear approach jsut disconnect the land line until the IVA is in place if the calls are of a bullying nature
26 posts Page 1 of 2
Return to “friends corner”