1st post

26 posts Page 2 of 2

kallis3
Forum Expert
Contact
by kallis3 » Wed Jan 27, 2010 6:49 am
You can also do BT choose to refuse.

I wouldn't pay for a unit (and I couldn't find a price anyway) when there cheap enough phones out there with caller display.

You can always change your number - tell BT you are having some nuisance calls and they will do it for free.

Lisa2009
by Lisa2009 » Wed Jan 27, 2010 4:58 pm
Hi, just thought i would say welcome to the forum and wish you well with your proposal.

Good luck x [:)]

Struzzo39
by Struzzo39 » Wed Jan 27, 2010 7:40 pm
Not having much luck since starting the iva process. First the washing machine died on us and now we have a poorly car. Just waiting for the diagnosis. Its all money money money!!!

kallis3
Forum Expert
Contact
by kallis3 » Wed Jan 27, 2010 7:46 pm
That's not good news. I hope the car isn't going to cost too much. I would certainly stop making any payments and use this money to get a new machine and sort the car repairs out.

Shining
by Shining » Wed Jan 27, 2010 8:54 pm
My IVA had just been approved when my boiler gave up and I've been playing catchup ever since, try and get your stuff sorted pre-IVA always a good idea.

steppingstones
by steppingstones » Thu Jan 28, 2010 6:11 am
Hi Struzo39. I thought it was just me having the worst start to the New Year. My kettle broke, then my dishwasher, and the only way for me to replace them was using my credit card because I used the last of my December pay to make a min payment to each creditor. So I am really hoping that my creditors don't think I went on a spending spree before putting n for an IVA[:(]

Struzzo39
by Struzzo39 » Thu Jan 28, 2010 12:24 pm
Hello all,,
Car could have been worse. called garage and repair should be £55 + VAT, so it might not have been the body blow we first thought. This is enough of course, but i had visions of it running into £100's. May have to juggle my token payments but will try to do it all. Have ebayed a few items recently to try to bring a few extra £'s in so will have to use the money from that to put towards the car. Only way to look at it steppingstones is that the year surely can only get better from here. Got to stay positive and look forward to the warmer weather, taking kids to the park any thing that puts a smile on our faces. Things can't stay hideous forever. I quote I saw recently is the way to look I think, If you want a rainbow then you have to have the rain. Here's looking forward to a huge rainbow :)

kallis3
Forum Expert
Contact
by kallis3 » Thu Jan 28, 2010 12:31 pm
Struzzo, you don't have to make any token payments if you don't want to - the main thing at the moment is to get your car sorted.

You are on the road to getting sorted out. It will make no difference to your creditors whether you make payments or not (I didn't). I'm with Payplan and have been doing ok. It won't be long until you get your proposal, and then a date for a meeting.

Struzzo39
by Struzzo39 » Thu Jan 28, 2010 8:55 pm
well so much for the £55 car bill. More on the road to £400 Arrrrgghhhhh!!! Just when i thought i could see a light at the end of the tunnel. Could be worse i suppose, both got good health and at least we have it other if nothing else.

Shining
by Shining » Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:42 pm
Not good but like you say could be worse, hope it's fixed soon and you find a way to get this fixed.

kallis3
Forum Expert
Contact
by kallis3 » Thu Jan 28, 2010 11:09 pm
That's not good! I hope you can get your car sorted - you need to stop making token payments so that you can try to get the money together for repairs.
26 posts Page 2 of 2
Return to “friends corner”