Work

87 posts Page 5 of 6

Shining
by Shining » Mon Feb 08, 2010 2:06 pm
I might need to re-train the way things are going I've been in this morning 9.30-12.30 and had 5 students! Tutor on this afternoon has 2! Things are just dire, adult funding all but gone now and we can only hope a change in government puts some into adult education.

MrsKnight
by MrsKnight » Mon Feb 08, 2010 7:35 pm
Julie - just catching up with all of this, n Im so sorry for not keeping up.
I think taking voluntary will probably be for the best - the last thing you want is to be pushed out. And a career change is always a positive even if it might be a step back. Taking a breather n slowing down to enjoy other things n take time to do a evaluate x

Skippy
by Skippy » Mon Feb 08, 2010 7:43 pm
I keep trying to think if there's anything that I could actually do, but at the moment I can't think of anything!

I'm past caring now, and I'm now trying to take the attitude that if the work doesn't get done it's tough. I hate being like that, but I've had enough!

Julie
by Julie » Tue Feb 09, 2010 12:23 pm
My meeting has been rescheduled so will see CEO on Thursday! I have a list of questions at the ready.

In the meantime I've been updating my CV in readiness.

Skippy, keep browsing the job vacancies see if anything cathces your eye.

kallis3
Forum Expert
Contact
by kallis3 » Tue Feb 09, 2010 7:24 pm
Good luck for Thursday Julie.

Skippy - there is something out there for you.

MRBLUESKY
by MRBLUESKY » Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:52 pm
same here good luck for thursday julie.

Shining
by Shining » Wed Feb 10, 2010 5:58 am
Skippy there will be something for you, Julie good luck for tomorrow x

Skippy
by Skippy » Wed Feb 10, 2010 8:40 am
Thanks everyone, and good luck for tomorrow Julie xxx

Julie
by Julie » Thu Feb 11, 2010 9:43 am
Thanks - I'm waiting to see what time my meeting is. I'll just get the facts of what redundncy package they're offering etc. I'll take a few days to consider all my options.

I applied for a job yesterday in HR and was rejected within 10 mins for being over qualified and too experienced! Will have to "dumb down" my CV!

Skippy
by Skippy » Thu Feb 11, 2010 9:50 am
How ridiculous! I found a job yesterday that I knew I could do, but didn't bother applying as it stated that they wouldn't consider anyone without a degree! Obviously 15 years experience counts for nothing! I probably wouldn't have applied anyway as the money was slightly less than I'm on now but there was more travelling involved but it just goes to show how picky companies can be at the moment.

Good luck for your meeting today Julie, I hope it goes well for you xxx

Shining
by Shining » Thu Feb 11, 2010 3:35 pm
Hope it's gone ok Julie?

I feel that experience far outweighs a degree, when I first got into teaching I've never had such a learning curve, I applied for the job and got it without a qualification in teaching, did the 2 year qualification in a year, fast treacked myself through it, was hard work but I enjoyed it then, probably wouldn't do it again right now though! lol x

Julie
by Julie » Thu Feb 11, 2010 6:00 pm
It was very much as I thought...the company is not in a good position at all. I have my figures for redundancy and I've decided to definitely opt for voluntary redundancy.

I'll submit my decision tomorrow and start applying for jobs straight away.

I'm quite relieved now to be honest.

Dominic
by Dominic » Thu Feb 11, 2010 6:27 pm
I wish you the best of luck with the job search

it is going to be a hard time for those in the public sector, there will be pay freezes and cuts and all becasue of greedy bankers.

kallis3
Forum Expert
Contact
by kallis3 » Thu Feb 11, 2010 6:30 pm
Julie - not good, but I wish you the very best of luck with your job search.

Thinking of you all.

Shining
by Shining » Thu Feb 11, 2010 7:37 pm
You'll have thought this through thoroughly Julie I know that much so decision made, all the best with your job search, hope it works out positively for you xx
87 posts Page 5 of 6
Return to “friends corner”