Hi. In an IVA that took 13 months of pre-proposal

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
40 posts Page 3 of 3

Shining
by Shining » Tue Feb 09, 2010 4:16 am
I know that Andrew Graveson of Brightoak gets some good feedback on forum, his details can be found in the experts section.

All the best and sincerely hope it works out for you x

Alph
by Alph » Tue Feb 16, 2010 12:25 pm
Hopefully someone can help!
Each time I enter rthe site it tells me I'm already logged on and it won't let me log off! That's fine, except I want to ask some new questions, but each time I go to do it, it asks for email and name etc and, I did it once, and it wants to reregister me each time!
Am I doing something wrong?!! Want to ask a new question starting a new thread, rather than attaching to a thread from a while ago...can anyone let me know what I'm doing wrong?
Ta!
Phil

Michael Peoples
Industry Expert
Contact
by Michael Peoples » Tue Feb 16, 2010 12:54 pm
Sorry Phil. I know nothing about computers so you will have to ask here or hopefully someone from admin can help.

Alph
by Alph » Tue Feb 16, 2010 3:59 pm
Thanks Michael. Will wait and see if someone can help.
In the meantime, maybe I can ask my question now.
As you may recall, my IVA is in a bit of a state and a recent variation to buy some more time and extend by 6 months has been rejected. Still waiting to hear from GT to see how we now move forward, however, it appears no 2nd resolution has been requested (no equity in the house).
My wife has been basically funding things whilst my wages are so much lower, to the extent that she is needing help herself. We think it may be temporary enough to consider a DMP for her and we've approached Pay Plan.
However, in their initial view of our circumstances, they mentioned to my wife the option of me failing my IVA and then doing a joint IVA with them to take account of our whole situation.
I was under the impression from you guys that there'e no such thing as a joint IVA, but rather interlocking individual ones. Is that correct?
Also, and more importantly, is it possible to allow an IVA to fail and then repropose another one more relevant to our needs and with another company?
Got the full chat booked in with Pay Plan tomorrow evening, so to be armed with some info beforehand would be great.
It really helps seeing and receiving all this info from peeps in similar circumstances and from the experts.
Thanks, all.
Phil

Michael Peoples
Industry Expert
Contact
by Michael Peoples » Tue Feb 16, 2010 4:06 pm
There is no such thing as a joint IVA and unless it is a last resort you should try and keep your own arrangement going. If an IVA is the right option for your wife it should be independant of your financial troubles and based on her own income and expenditure.

If your IVA does fail you can propose another but hopefully this does not happen and your wife can solve her own difficulties. Ultimately, you both could consider bankruptcy given the equity situation and this must surely be better than starting your IVA all over again.

Alph
by Alph » Tue Feb 16, 2010 4:17 pm
Thanks, Michael.
Trying to avoid BR due to my occupation, however, we are seriously considering it, particularly for my situation. We'll see.
If GT/creditors give me the option to catch up with some arrears and get my IVA back on track, then that'll be first choice, with my wife arranging a DMP or her own IVA as appropriate.
Will see what GT and Pay Plan have to say for themselves!! Then get back up and/or answers from you guys.
Thanks again.
Phil

kallis3
Forum Expert
Contact
by kallis3 » Tue Feb 16, 2010 9:07 pm
Phil, your problems in logging on may be something to do with your password.

I think there is a problem if there are any capitals in it, but not 100% sure on that.

MelanieGiles
Industry Expert
Contact
by MelanieGiles » Tue Feb 16, 2010 11:00 pm
Did GT suggest that you have a chat with Payplan?

Alph
by Alph » Wed Feb 17, 2010 10:28 am
Don't think so, Melanie. My wife had the initial call with Pay Plan. Telephone appt was arranged between them for 8pm this eve for me to discuss both our situations and provide all the details, ie balances, arrears, account/ref numbers, etc.
Still awaiting to speak to GT about how I can move forward with my IVA with it being in arrears and now following the variation rejection. Was going to wait until I'd spoken to Pay Plan.
In any event, before any decisions made, was hoping to run things by you guys.
Phil
PS Do you look at DMPs as well as IVA/BR, Melanie?

MelanieGiles
Industry Expert
Contact
by MelanieGiles » Wed Feb 17, 2010 7:13 pm
I certainly am able to give advice on DMPs but we don't actually do them within our firm. Payplan are one of the larger firms in this industry, and will not charge any fees as they are funded by creditors, but you can also find a selection of firms recommended on this forum all of which I have referred cases to in the past and would not hesitate to again in the future.
40 posts Page 3 of 3
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”