NEW RUSE

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
6 posts Page 1 of 1

Max
by Max » Mon Jan 25, 2010 10:13 am
My post came this morning which included a letter post office box number from London SW5 - the Earls Courts Area I believe. The letter said that there is a much better way of dealing with debt (as I am a house owner) than an IVA and at the same time "...avoiding the exhorbitant fees of IP firms......". This company's scheme is a secured loan on the property - they claim it makes no difference whether or not the property is in negative equity. They also claimed that my credit rating would be immediately repaired. I have not forgotten how to do simple arithmetic - the APR on their, sic, helpful scheme, is 78.2% on a 20 year secured loan. I replied with my normal "I am in the wc etc letter" with a post script to say that my IP- Melanie Giles does not charge exhorbitant fees and perhaps they should contact her as she would be delighted to know that they know more about debt solutions than she does! DON'T TOUCH THESE CROOKS WITH A 100' pole!! You will end up without a house if you do.

Julie
by Julie » Mon Jan 25, 2010 10:22 am
I wish these firms would go away....I dread to think of the people that fall for this garbage.

I'm sure David Mond would be interested in having a copy of the letter Max.

Shining
by Shining » Mon Jan 25, 2010 10:23 am
Another for David or like Max I do reply and insist on a further reply but that's me with a bee in my bonnet!

Max
by Max » Mon Jan 25, 2010 10:23 am
Forgot that Lesley - I replied on the back of their letter - they think we are all idiots and can't see through them.

kallis3
Forum Expert
Contact
by kallis3 » Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:30 pm
That's a new one on me!

Problem is though Max, we're all clued up on here as to how to deal with these companies, but there's a lot of people out there who believe the hype.

MelanieGiles
Industry Expert
Contact
by MelanieGiles » Mon Jan 25, 2010 7:38 pm
Show me anyone who can get a secured loan for someone in an IVA at the moment. I suggest that this is the latest ruse conjured up by the bankruptcy assist industry in an attempt to get folks happily in IVAs to contact them to peddle their generally very poor advice.
6 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”