DragonSavers Credit Union in South Wales

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
3 posts Page 1 of 1

Denis.gd
by Denis.gd » Mon Jan 25, 2010 12:19 pm
I am the member services officer for DragonSavers Credit Union in South Wales. Part of my duties are to help members to reschedule their loans when they are unable to maintain their current repayments.
In an attempt to help everyone in the community who come to us for assistance,which sometimes involves giving them loans,we have fallen foul of individuals who have IVA's and who are sometimes in the process of obtaining IVA's and sometimes becoming bancrupt. Albeit we do use a credit reference agency, on occasion we have found that IVA's are sometimes not recorded. Is there a Court site that I can access to see if an individual has become subject of an IVA?

Michael Peoples
Industry Expert
Contact
by Michael Peoples » Mon Jan 25, 2010 12:24 pm
Hi Denis and welcome to the Forum.
The website below allows you to search for bankrupts and those in IVAs. Hopefully it is not a major problem but bear in mind that any credit obtained while in an IVA requires permission from the insolvency practitioner. If you find anyone trying to obtain credit you should notify their IP who will likely terminate the arrangement or issue bankruptcy proceedings.

http://www.insolvency.gov.uk/eiir/

Max
by Max » Mon Jan 25, 2010 12:27 pm
Funny thing for a Creit Union to do checking with credit reference agencies I would have thought that if you help people to reschedule loans you would have experience of the rules and regs. My PP started a credit union which is now registered with the Authorities - no credit reference checks are made by his one and he certainly does not get involved with rescheduling loans etc.
3 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”