Have I done the right thing?

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
22 posts Page 1 of 2

kentmikey
by kentmikey » Mon Jan 25, 2010 1:57 pm
Hi, I have an IVA with my wife, we stopped payments in November as we feel its best for us to go BR. So by stopping the payments we could save this for the BR fee's which incidentally we are struggling to do. We have just found out that our landlady needs to sell the house we are renting so we are now panicing what the detrimental effect will be with us stopping to make the IVA payments when we come to find a new house to rent. Was wondering if we could, should we pay back the missed payments to the IVA?

All help and advice greatly received as I am really panicing now.

Mikey

Michael Peoples
Industry Expert
Contact
by Michael Peoples » Mon Jan 25, 2010 2:01 pm
If you are sure that bankruptcy is the best option for you and your family you should continue on. Your credit file is already damaged and it may be best to try a private landlord to rent from as you would almost certainly fail a credit check. Make sure you get a good reference from your current landlady as this would be really helpful when you do find a new property.

kentmikey
by kentmikey » Mon Jan 25, 2010 2:20 pm
Thanks for your reply Michael.

So are you saying the fact that I missed these payments will not make any difference?

Mikey

Michael Peoples
Industry Expert
Contact
by Michael Peoples » Mon Jan 25, 2010 2:23 pm
The missed payments to your IVA will not show on your credit file but would affect any reference from your IP. However, since you are going bankrupt anyway the only real concern you seem to have is whether you will find a new property to rent. Use a private landlord and produce proof of rent and reference from your current property and you should be fine.

MelanieGiles
Industry Expert
Contact
by MelanieGiles » Mon Jan 25, 2010 7:55 pm
Why do you feel it is best for you to go bankrupt now? And why the sudden change of mind since the end of last year? How many payments have you already paid into the IVA?

Julie
by Julie » Tue Jan 26, 2010 10:07 am
Mel - kentmikey had been in an IVA for a year, had expensive car repairs to deal with and struggled with IVA payments.

Kentmikey, has your IVA actually failed now?

kentmikey
by kentmikey » Tue Jan 26, 2010 8:47 pm
Hello, it has not failed yet but this month will be the third payment not paid. Blair Endersby did a review and we are struggling with the agreed payment and asked for the payment to be reduced to £180 per month, which they said they would put forward to the creditors but it would mean extending the IVA by a further year, so just feel this is never ending and BR would be the ideal thing to get rid of it once and for all. We have also had to move (rented accomodation) four times know in the last 18 months, through no fault of our own and it just seems additional costs all the time and finding it very hard to keep my head above the water line now. Head is completely frazzled now.

Mike

MelanieGiles
Industry Expert
Contact
by MelanieGiles » Tue Jan 26, 2010 10:18 pm
Tell your IP that you are not prepared to pay the extra 12 months and that your revised offer is take it or leave it. If the creditors do not support you, then you can apply for bankruptcy with your head held up high.

Blair Endersby
by Blair Endersby » Wed Feb 03, 2010 11:17 am
Dear kentmikey

Please email your customer reference and contact details to the below email address, and I will arrange for someone to contact you regarding your proposed offer.

Kind regards

Blair Endersby

kentmikey
by kentmikey » Thu Feb 04, 2010 6:48 pm
I emailed Blaire Endersby last week, still waiting for the call and today receive a letter asking for payslips and bank statements for a six monthly review even though this was all submitted in November/December!

Mikey

Shining
by Shining » Thu Feb 04, 2010 7:36 pm
I would probably send another email, a polite reminder that you're waiting for at least acknowledgement they've received your initial email, that way at least you know they'll be dealing with it?

kentmikey
by kentmikey » Thu Feb 04, 2010 8:12 pm
I intend to, unfortunately its the same story with B&E

kallis3
Forum Expert
Contact
by kallis3 » Thu Feb 04, 2010 8:15 pm
Let us know what happens when you email them again.

I hope you get it sorted out.

kentmikey
by kentmikey » Thu Feb 04, 2010 8:31 pm
Hi I have emailed Blair again but the email has come back saying it was undeliverable but it states to james.kaye not to the email address given via the Blair Endersby contact on here.

So if the respresentative can check this out ASAP that would be very much appreciated.

Mike

MelanieGiles
Industry Expert
Contact
by MelanieGiles » Thu Feb 04, 2010 8:34 pm
James Kaye left Blair Endersby several months ago and has set up in practice in his own name.
22 posts Page 1 of 2
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”