BR date set

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
13 posts Page 1 of 1

ontheroad
by ontheroad » Mon Jan 25, 2010 3:25 pm
Hi all, hope everyone is ok, well as regular readers will know of my situation i have now booked a date for my bankruptcy hearing for the 9th of Feb {worrying about it already} if the hearing goes as smoothly as booking it was then i will be pleased, my wifes iva is up and running ok and all seems well with it, so i have got to get over the hearing and then hopefully we are on our way to financial freedom in the future, thanks all for being there.[:)]

Julie
by Julie » Mon Jan 25, 2010 3:27 pm
Hi ontheroad, you'll be fine. Hubby went BR on 9th Feb last year, can't believe how quickly its gone.

Have you completed the statement of affairs?

ontheroad
by ontheroad » Mon Jan 25, 2010 3:36 pm
Hi julie, statement of affairs is about 90% finished just a couple of bits to do and a couple of bits of paperwork to get out and then it will be completed,is the hearing a days job julie as my hearing is at 9 o clock, just wondering how long i will be sweating it out !!

Simbel
by Simbel » Mon Jan 25, 2010 3:37 pm
Hello OTR, it's nice to hear from you and I hope all goes well for you on 9th February. Wishing you all the best x [:)] keep us posted!

ontheroad
by ontheroad » Mon Jan 25, 2010 3:45 pm
Hi Simbel, thanks for your good wishes and i hope your phone calls have steadied down a bit by now, and yes i will keep you posted.

Julie
by Julie » Mon Jan 25, 2010 3:46 pm
Your not there long at all Ontheroad....we saw the clerk to go through the form, make the payment etc, then saw the judge for less than 2 mins! Went back to see the clerk which was just for the official receiver to ring us (in the clerks office) to arrange a convenient time for the telephone interview which happened a week later.

I remember the nerves and feeling of dread so well, but honestly everyone was really nice and it was over with before we knew it.

Hubby was discharged last November and we're almost a 1/3 of the way through our IPA paymnets.

We're all here to support you xx

ontheroad
by ontheroad » Mon Jan 25, 2010 3:55 pm
Thanks for that Julie, that doesnt sound too bad, i had heard it doesnt take long but to hear it from someone who has been through it is very reassuring, i might be asking you a few more questions over the next week or so if thats ok and thanks for youre support,

Julie
by Julie » Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:17 pm
Please ask as many questions as you want, there are others who have been through the process too, so you'll get plenty of first hand experience.

Before long you'll be supporting others [;)]

xx

kallis3
Forum Expert
Contact
by kallis3 » Mon Jan 25, 2010 5:03 pm
Good luck ontheroad, I'm sure it will all go smoothly for you.

Julie - I can't believe how quickly that 12 months has gone!

MelanieGiles
Industry Expert
Contact
by MelanieGiles » Mon Jan 25, 2010 7:46 pm
Let me know if there is anything I can do =- either before or after the hearing. It really is no bother, and I am still sad to see you having to go down this road having presented a perfectly good IVA proposal to your creditors.

Shining
by Shining » Mon Jan 25, 2010 11:22 pm
good luck on theroad, I'm sure it will all go fine as others have said and Melanie herself just ask for any advice/support needed.

ontheroad
by ontheroad » Tue Jan 26, 2010 6:00 am
Thanks everybody, all your support and advice is really appreciated,and Melanie dont be sad about it anymore as we are ok with this route now, as you say we put in a perfectly good offer and it wasnt accepted so this is now the way to go, not ours or your fault but the fault of an awkward creditor, also i have spoken to Suzanne at your company at length about BR and i was given lots of help and advice about filling out the forms etc so many thanks for that, everything is coming together nicely and moving along well at the moment, will keep you all updated,

kallis3
Forum Expert
Contact
by kallis3 » Tue Jan 26, 2010 6:43 am
Such a shame the creditor didn't see sense and as a result they will see less money being paid back than they would with an IVA.

Mel and her team will help you through this.

Let us know how it goes.
13 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”