Annual Review nerves again!

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
20 posts Page 1 of 2

aragorn
by aragorn » Mon Jan 25, 2010 9:21 pm
Hello everyone,

It's my fourth annual review and again i have the long wait for the outcome. I was lucky enough to keep some of my substantial pay rise at my last review.

Last year i asked for my expenditure to be increased but was told this was not allowed due to expenditure being a fixed amount but by keeping some of the pay rise this would cover it.I am worried that i will not be able to keep the extra again at this review so i will face a very tight year as prices have gone up since i started the IVA 4 years ago and they only seem to work on my original I&E.

My mortgage has also gone down a lot due to the interest rate decreases so i do expect to pay more each month.

Does everyone feel like this at review time?

Thanks.

MelanieGiles
Industry Expert
Contact
by MelanieGiles » Mon Jan 25, 2010 10:22 pm
Always be prepared to stand your ground with your IP if you feel that your requests can be justified - but do bear in mind that your IP also has to justify their position to creditors - so compromise is usually the best strategy when asked to pay a little more.

Shining
by Shining » Mon Jan 25, 2010 11:13 pm
I think we all have a wibble at review time, I did for my first one, second one coming up for me and I'm sure I'll be nervous but hopefully, mine will go smoothly as yours will.

kallis3
Forum Expert
Contact
by kallis3 » Tue Jan 26, 2010 6:28 am
Our second one is coming up as well. Hope it goes as smoothly as last years did.

aragorn
by aragorn » Tue Jan 26, 2010 7:27 am
Thanks for your advice and support.Year 1,2,+3 were fine.There were big changes last year but as i said i was able to keep some of the pay rise to match the increases. I hope they take the same approach this year.I hope your reviews go smoothly too.Thanks again.

country girl
by country girl » Tue Jan 26, 2010 9:26 am
Hi
My first review is coming up to. My expenditure is swings and roundabouts, also I don't know about anybody else but I was not thinking clearly when I set up my Iva and some of my figures are a bit low. I can manage to keep my payments the same but not really put them up as my wages have not increased much.
Linda

Shining
by Shining » Tue Jan 26, 2010 3:46 pm
Mine has arrived today! I'll have a look at the weekend though as with working etc, during the week it's hard to concentrate. I'll have to guess how much the Council Tax is going up as I've not had a new bill yet x

kallis3
Forum Expert
Contact
by kallis3 » Tue Jan 26, 2010 4:33 pm
Ours will probably be done over the phone again as it was last year. When, I don't know. Payplan are very busy and our quarterly review dragged on for six weeks.

Dominic
by Dominic » Tue Jan 26, 2010 5:41 pm
mine wnet off fine again no change on the payment

Shining
by Shining » Tue Jan 26, 2010 11:53 pm
Hope mine is the same Dominic

flumpy dog
by flumpy dog » Tue Jan 26, 2010 11:56 pm
best wishes aragorn

i still feel a bit nervy i think its natural
hopeyour ip allows what you need [:)]

Julie
by Julie » Wed Jan 27, 2010 1:29 pm
I think everyone gets nervy at review time, if there are unexpected changes, don't be afraid to question with your IP.

Aragon, well done on getting to your 4th review...you must be on the home straight now [;)]

let us know how the review goes xx

TheMatrix
by TheMatrix » Wed Jan 27, 2010 6:23 pm
Just put mine in today too

kallis3
Forum Expert
Contact
by kallis3 » Wed Jan 27, 2010 7:54 pm
Good luck both of you.

plasticdaft
Forum Expert
Contact
by plasticdaft » Thu Jan 28, 2010 12:50 pm
Our trust deed review is due anytime soon as well,and our mortgage dropped onto the SVR so I guess they will want a bit more.

Cant wait!!

Paul
20 posts Page 1 of 2
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”