And so the chasing begins.

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
21 posts Page 2 of 2

upthekaiser
by upthekaiser » Tue Jan 26, 2010 10:37 pm
All my creditors are really good and are human apart from Global Vantage (MBNA) who called today to ask for £630.
When I told them I only had £13 in my bank at present they said that will do!!!
Then asked for my debit card number so they could take £300 out on the 29th of Jan. I then said that the cheque I am getting soon wont clear until the 5th Feb but still insisted on my card number and said again will take it out on the 29th!!
I said no and will make a token payment when the cheque clears then I was told I was being put on hold while this guy spoke to a supervisor which he did then after about a minute he hung up!!
Must admit I was amused!!

MelanieGiles
Industry Expert
Contact
by MelanieGiles » Tue Jan 26, 2010 11:06 pm
You make it sound quite humerous UTK - but it is not and they know perfectly that you are in the process of proposing an IVA. Keep a record of all of your dealings with this creditor - including names and times of calls - as this is useful evidence for us to use when at creditors meeting stage.

upthekaiser
by upthekaiser » Tue Jan 26, 2010 11:14 pm
Dont get me wrong Mel I hate seeing the number come up on my phone but I am quite firm on the phone and always try to make a token payment when I can after all I do owe them money but when they hang up on you I find it most unprofessional and quite annoying. Like I have said before I alway answer these calls to give them an update on my situation. Sorry if ive come across like this isnt worring me must be my way of dealing with debt[V].
PS am sending back all paperwork you require in morning.
Sorry again.
UTK

MelanieGiles
Industry Expert
Contact
by MelanieGiles » Wed Jan 27, 2010 1:30 am
No need to be sorry - and I did not think you were being flippant. In fact I think that you are dealing with your creditors in the best way ever - but it makes me so cross when they continue to pester clients when they know exactly what they are doing.

Keep firm and stand your ground - you are doing really well so far!

kallis3
Forum Expert
Contact
by kallis3 » Wed Jan 27, 2010 6:41 am
Does anyone actually bother informing the call centres about what is going on? Do most of the staff there actually know what an IVA is?

I know when Mercers phoned me when I was approved and I explained and said that they could no longer hassle me for payment, the girl agreed.........and then proceeded to as me to pay!

steppingstones
by steppingstones » Wed Jan 27, 2010 8:52 am
Thanks Mel. I am just going through a mini budget now so I can see what token payments I can offer creditors until the ball gets rolling with my proposal. I want to set aside my expected monthly payment as I know I will need to send this once my paperwork is signed, so I do not think it will leave me much to offer but hopefully it will lessen the calls for the moment.
21 posts Page 2 of 2
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”