Lloyds TSB

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
11 posts Page 1 of 1

soashamed70
by soashamed70 » Tue Jan 26, 2010 8:29 pm
Can anyone help me? Lloyds are saying that despite me receiving formal demands by their solictitor (I have never received this) - they will holda ction on my account etc if I call the number shown, blah blah blah etc etc.

All well and good, but when I call the number, its states my account is not with collections (which it obviously is) and to call the normal number (which then directs me back to collections)

Melanie, Gareth has tried too and has the same problem - does anyone have any ideas?

Plus Mercers are threatening to send someone to the house, and Egg have said that if I don't call them by 4pm Friday, then I will no longer hear from them!! ( I had to laugh at that one, as I don't want to hear from them anyway, but I get the point!)

Lloyds is the frustrating one, as I will call Egg tomorrow, and Mercers just try to bully me - they want £150 for their silence!

Any ideas anyone?

Thank you

kallis3
Forum Expert
Contact
by kallis3 » Tue Jan 26, 2010 9:34 pm
Mercers were always threatening me with calling round but no one ever turned up, although it is a possibility. You don't have to speak to them though.

I can't help with LTSB though, and hopefully Egg will follow through with their threat!

soashamed70
by soashamed70 » Tue Jan 26, 2010 9:39 pm
Thanks Jan

Well, I can't do anymore than I am doing can i?! The egg message did make me laugh I have to say...which is good as I am mostly freaked out generally speaking!

Still, we are nearly there now, so onwards and upwards.

I was just reading my old posts "back then" - what a miserable week that was eh?

Hubby on top form now - a bit worried (understandably), but still here and knows what's happening with the dosh (or lack of it) which is great!

kallis3
Forum Expert
Contact
by kallis3 » Tue Jan 26, 2010 9:48 pm
Glad everything is working out for you, you're well on your way now.

You're doing really well with the calls as well.

MelanieGiles
Industry Expert
Contact
by MelanieGiles » Tue Jan 26, 2010 10:01 pm
Hopefully we are not too far away from finalising your proposals, so I would just sit ths out, answer their calls politely and ignore them if you find them too harassing.

It is so good to hear how positive you are now. I too remember those earlier posts.

soashamed70
by soashamed70 » Tue Jan 26, 2010 10:04 pm
Thanks Melanie - I shall do just that then - looking forward to my trip on Tuesday!

How do I get you on your email - I've been looking, but can't find it!

MelanieGiles
Industry Expert
Contact
by MelanieGiles » Tue Jan 26, 2010 10:08 pm
You can send me an e-mail via the website and then I will send you my direct one. Not allowed to post it on here!

See you next week!

flumpy dog
by flumpy dog » Wed Jan 27, 2010 12:00 am
aww so ashamed i hope youre ok

well youve got a brill lady helping you so thats a mega positive [:)]
try and ignore the letters etc-i know its horrible hun and i was still getting banal drivel from mercers 6 months after approval-they really are boring arent they
chin up hun and keep posying for help and support xxx

ontheroad
by ontheroad » Wed Jan 27, 2010 5:49 am
Hi S70, mercers are a pain, my wife had her iva accepted a few weeks ago now and they are still ringing up a few times a week to request payment or they will send someone round, usual threat by them apparently, they just dont listen, dont let them get to you or bully you as you are almost there now, good luck with your proposal.

kallis3
Forum Expert
Contact
by kallis3 » Wed Jan 27, 2010 6:36 am
Mercers have to be the worst!

I'm afraid that I ignored their calls pre iva, but if they continued to pester me afterwards, I would have been less than polite!

Diddy
by Diddy » Wed Jan 27, 2010 9:25 am
I can sympathise, Lloyds have been the bain of my life since i started the process, all my other creditors have been very understanding and I have only received the odd letter and maybe one or two calls from each.

Lloyds though have been calling daily. I do think the call centres should have some training so they understand what processes people may be going through to tackle their debt problems, this would allow them to make the proper notes on peoples accounts and seak appropriate updates rather than just hassling on a daily basis for a payment they are not going to get.

I spend a good 20 minutes trying to explain what i had been doing in conjunction with my IP firm to get my proposal together and they just didnt understand what an IVA was.

I too have received the legal action letters from Lloyds and i've been given the same advice that Melanie has given, ride it out for now, it sound slike ti wont be long before your proposals ready.

I do thank my lucky stars that i dont have any debt with anyone that uses Mercers as a collection agency.
11 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”