new to all this, what do i do?

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
6 posts Page 1 of 1

john12345
by john12345 » Wed Jan 27, 2010 5:36 pm
hi, i am a complete nexbie to the idea of an iva, so i have a few questions first.
1. do i have to do it joint, with my wife, or seperatly, on my own?
2. i dont want to lose my home, is this possible, there is no equity.
3 where do i start. it looks like a minefield

Adam Davies
by Adam Davies » Wed Jan 27, 2010 5:45 pm
Hi and welcome
You will only need to enter a joint, interlocking IVA if your wife has any sole debts or joint debts that she can't afford to repay. Your home is safe as long as you carry on paying your mortgage/secured loans and start by chatting with two or three experts/companies to explore all options open to you
Regards

kallis3
Forum Expert
Contact
by kallis3 » Wed Jan 27, 2010 7:41 pm
Hi John, and welcome to the forum.

Good advice from Andy. I recommend that you speak to an IP as soon as possible. Either click on the expert link on the left hand side of the page, or visit www.iva.com for a list of companies and reviews. Give one or two of them a ring and you will receive free and impartial advice as to all the options open to you.

Julie
by Julie » Wed Jan 27, 2010 7:50 pm
Hi John and welcome to the forum,

Follow the advice given and you would have taken a great step to a debt free future. Have you worked out how much debt you actually have and to how many creditors? Also do you know how much disposable income you have each month?

MelanieGiles
Industry Expert
Contact
by MelanieGiles » Thu Jan 28, 2010 11:11 pm
It may seem like a minefield - but trust me it is not. An insolvency practitioner will carefully take you through all of ther options currently available to you - and explain the advantages, disadvantages and implications of each one. Armed with this knowledge, you will thus be empowered to make a decision for your future - which will take you to a much better place in time.

Good luck.

Shining
by Shining » Fri Jan 29, 2010 6:12 am
Hi and welcome to the forum from myself too, getting two or three opinions is vital in my opinion and you will soon find who you feel comfortable with, make sure you IP is contactable and explains all options to you not just about IVA's and believe me it will go smoothly for you.
6 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”