Talking to creditors

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
5 posts Page 1 of 1

steppingstones
by steppingstones » Wed Jan 27, 2010 6:35 pm
My creditors have started chasing me for this months missed payments. Is it alright to tell them that I am hoping to go into an IVA even though I haven't received my engagement letter from my IP yet?
Last edited by steppingstones on Wed Jan 27, 2010 6:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kallis3
Forum Expert
Contact
by kallis3 » Wed Jan 27, 2010 6:46 pm
You can tell them that if you wish. You may find that some of them will try and talk you out of it, or try and tell you that they will vote against it.

Ignore them, they're just the call centre staff and have no influence on the creditors.

steppingstones
by steppingstones » Wed Jan 27, 2010 6:53 pm
Thanks for the warning they might use the threat of not voting in favour of the IVA. That would have freaked me out a bit if someone told me that on the phone.

kallis3
Forum Expert
Contact
by kallis3 » Wed Jan 27, 2010 7:10 pm
It doesn't happen often fortunately. Basically the call centres will say anything to get you to cough up.

Remember that they are just employed in a call centre, are working on a bonus. Don't let them intimidate you.

ontheroad
by ontheroad » Wed Jan 27, 2010 7:13 pm
HI Sally, when our phone calls started we simply told them we are proposing an iva and gave the name of our ip, they still asked for payment but we said we are not making a payment until the outcome of the iva is sorted, seemed to work for us. Just stand your ground and dont be bullied by them.
5 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”