Stressing!!

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
25 posts Page 1 of 2

Rhbjones
by Rhbjones » Thu Jan 28, 2010 6:52 pm
Hello

I posted a couple days ago about my GF becoming pregnant and what to do with my IVA (I am in last 12 months of mine) I emailed my IP (as much use as a chocolate fireguard) and they told me to do income and expenditure form, So filled in putting £200 per month towards baby, They said creditors not likely to accept that, may accept £100, Then today my GF has been told her job isnt safe, has 90 days to reapply in different location or another job within the company, or redundancy! I emailed my IP and advised of this, they told me to fill out another I&E ( understandable) then were talking about it failing!! Which has stressed me out even more!! I owe approx 3500 left, Surely due to circumstances they should put an offer of what I have paid so far as a full and final?

Sorry for the rant!!

A stressed Rich

luluj
Forum Expert
Contact
by luluj » Thu Jan 28, 2010 8:38 pm
I would write to your IP direct and not go through the admin team.

Your circumstances have changed and therefore what you have paid in should be put forward as a F&F - your IP should do this at your request as at the end of the day it is your circumstances that have changed - it is too late in the day for them to even consider failing your IVA - no creditors would want to risk not receiving anything and seeing you go bankrupt after this amount of time !

Skippy
by Skippy » Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:05 pm
It's in no-one's interest for your IVA to fail at this point so as Luluj says I would ask your IP to put forward a full and final based on what you have paid in so far.

You can contact your IP directly by finding their email on this link - http://www.insolvency-service.co.uk/newipsearch.htm

MelanieGiles
Industry Expert
Contact
by MelanieGiles » Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:33 pm
Clearly you seem to be speaking to the call centre rather than the IP personally, so I would try and speak to him/her and tell them you are looking for some sensible advice.

If you were my client, and your income and expenditure statement demonstrated that post-baby you were unlikely to have any disposable income left, then the obvious thing to do would be to call a meeting of creditors to see if they will accept what you have paid to date in full and final settlement. I feel sure that this would be acceptable given the circumstances you describe.

Rhbjones
by Rhbjones » Mon Mar 15, 2010 5:16 pm
Well two months after my post and email to my IP, I have some good news!! I am continuing my payments till the 1st July and then I am finished, My IVA is complete!! I cannot begin to tell you how happy I am to finally finish this!
Two months before my 1st born is here, I will be debt free and looking forward to my debt free future with my 1st born, and who knows the 1st month of my freedom, may be spent buying a ring ;)

briggadeen
by briggadeen » Mon Mar 15, 2010 5:19 pm
Congrats on your F&F!!! And good luck with the ring shopping!!! :D

Julie
by Julie » Mon Mar 15, 2010 5:34 pm
Thats great news!!

Well done xx

debtfree-wannabee
by debtfree-wannabee » Mon Mar 15, 2010 6:04 pm
Wow - thats great - congratulations and good luck with everything else x

kallis3
Forum Expert
Contact
by kallis3 » Mon Mar 15, 2010 10:57 pm
Excellent news - congratulations!

Rhbjones
by Rhbjones » Tue Mar 16, 2010 5:00 pm
GF job wasnt successful, so as from April 5th she will bve out of work, luckily she had her mortgage protected for redundancy ( she owned the house before we got together and I moved in) so until my IVA ceases on 1st July, she will be using her pay off to pay as normal, and then we can reassess the money and work out what is what! Lot of late nights number crunching and my frugal life will carry on even longer but will be worth it
We had the 1st scan on 4 March and seeing the baby (nickname is minibavo) on the screen was the best thing ever!! Was amazing!!
Will continue to come back on here and I will write up my full IVA story for us all, the highs n lows!! Hopefully it will be a good read!! :)
Will also let you know if she says yes and my ring shopping ability is good enough for her!!

kallis3
Forum Expert
Contact
by kallis3 » Tue Mar 16, 2010 5:03 pm
Sorry her job wasn't successful, but at least you can see the light at the end of the tunnel.

Scan pictures are lovely aren't they? I love the nickname as well!

Do you know what you are having?

Look forward to reading your blog.

Bridgewood
by Bridgewood » Tue Mar 16, 2010 5:10 pm
Hi Rhbjones
I was not a member of the forum when you placed your 1st post, but have just been reading through, it is so lovely to hear when things have worked out, I am so pleased for you and its great that you can start your new family life debt free.

good luck and take care

Rhbjones
by Rhbjones » Tue Mar 16, 2010 5:17 pm
Thanks for all the messages everyone!

Were not finding out what were having, were gonna keep it a surprise.

I am quite relieved about my GF's job, it was very stressful for her and the extra travelling time would have meant no time together, and far too much stress for GF and Mini Bavo, Money isnt everything, its quality of life and everything is going to work out fine for us and the start of our little family!

Really wish I had found this forum when I started tmy IVA those years ago,, would have made it alot easier on me!! But onwards and upwards!!

Rich x

kallis3
Forum Expert
Contact
by kallis3 » Tue Mar 16, 2010 5:22 pm
I don't blame you for wanting to keep it a surprise - I never wanted to know what I was having either. I think it's all part of it.

You might have to be frugal for a while longer, but GF won't be stressed (has to be good for her and the baby) and you can spend some quality time together.

briggadeen
by briggadeen » Tue Mar 16, 2010 6:12 pm
The best thing about having a baby is the bit at the end. You are in suspense waiting to see if its a girl or a boy and who they'll look like etc!! Good luck for the future xox
25 posts Page 1 of 2
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”