Tomorrow is D Day!!!!

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
51 posts Page 3 of 4

 

User avatar
briggadeen
Posts: 333
by briggadeen » Sat Jan 30, 2010 12:47 am
Hi Melanie

So you think that we should have got an answer either way today? Not that it will be continued until 14 days for other creditors to vote?? I do not understand it myself because we were never advised that this could happen. I am very nervous.

 

User avatar
MelanieGiles
Industry Expert
Posts: 47612
Contact
by MelanieGiles » Sat Jan 30, 2010 12:49 am
I think you could have got more information today, but you are with a good firm and this should be resolved early next week I feel sure.

 

User avatar
kallis3
Forum Expert
Posts: 71959
Contact
by kallis3 » Sat Jan 30, 2010 5:02 pm
I thought that if only one creditor voted, and they voted yes, the IVA went through?

 

User avatar
briggadeen
Posts: 333
by briggadeen » Sat Jan 30, 2010 5:53 pm
So in your personal experiences and experiences of this forum do you think that our IVA hasn't been accepted?

 

User avatar
MRBLUESKY
Posts: 2870
by MRBLUESKY » Sat Jan 30, 2010 6:22 pm
hi briggadean,hang in there mate,i suspect the vote was no.but you only need %75 of votes of the amount of debt that actually vote to get accepted,so your ip seems to have two options here,first by trying to reverse the creditors no vote to yes,by accepting a few modifications etc that you would have to agree to,or second chase the other creditors to persuade them to vote to out weigh any no vote.a lot would depend on how much debt you have to the creditor that has already voted.agree with melanie you should have been given more information on the meeting date as this could be quite easy for your ip to sort out,good luck i suspect you will get some good news next week fingers crossed.

 

User avatar
kallis3
Forum Expert
Posts: 71959
Contact
by kallis3 » Sat Jan 30, 2010 6:34 pm
Do you know what the vote was? If it was yes, then the IVA should have been approved as it is all about the votes on the day.

You need to speak to your IP on Monday to find out what has gone on.

 

User avatar
briggadeen
Posts: 333
by briggadeen » Sat Jan 30, 2010 6:41 pm
They didn't say whether the vote was yes/no. They just said that they'll be in touch!! I'm raging, nervous, upset, disappointed and 100 emotions rolled into 1. I fear that we're now fast approaching bankruptcy. Also if this proposal is rejected can we redraft another?? And if so will we have to increase the payments?

 

User avatar
MRBLUESKY
Posts: 2870
by MRBLUESKY » Sat Jan 30, 2010 6:57 pm
this is why your ip should have been more informal with you and give you a indication of how complex the situation is or isnt,to put your mind at rest.how many creditors have you got briggadeen ,is your debt spread even amongst creditors or have you got one or to large creditors.

 

User avatar
steppingstones
Posts: 161
by steppingstones » Sat Jan 30, 2010 7:15 pm
Oh my goodness that is so upsetting. Well I have my fingers crossed that you won't have to wait a full 14 days for any news and that your IP is in touch with you soon with a better indication of which way this will swing for you.

 

User avatar
kallis3
Forum Expert
Posts: 71959
Contact
by kallis3 » Sat Jan 30, 2010 7:20 pm
Phone them up on Monday and ask exactly what was said. You have two weeks from the date of the meeting for something to be sorted.

If the proposal is rejected, you need to find out exactly why and there is no reason why you cannot propose another one, but I would seek advice from one or two companies first.

 

User avatar
Simbel
Posts: 348
by Simbel » Sat Jan 30, 2010 8:01 pm
I've just logged on and read your news briggadeen - I'm so sorry that you didn't get the news you wanted yesterday - speak to your IP on Monday as Jan suggests and hopefully they will be able to drum up some votes for you and your IVA will be accepted. [8)]

 

User avatar
MelanieGiles
Industry Expert
Posts: 47612
Contact
by MelanieGiles » Sun Jan 31, 2010 12:48 am
You should have received more information from your IP about the voting position - but I am sure all will be clarified on Monday when you can speak to the person responsible for your case.

 

User avatar
briggadeen
Posts: 333
by briggadeen » Mon Feb 01, 2010 9:44 am
I phoned my IP this morning so there was 1 vote but it was just for me. As we are having an interlocking IVA hubby apparently needs some votes too???? So they are going to work on it this week, they were positive but did warn me it can go either way. So I suppose its just a waiting game!!

 

User avatar
Shining
Posts: 27023
by Shining » Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:03 am
Hang in there Briggadeen, I'm sure they're working hard on this to get those positive votes in. All the best.

 

User avatar
kallis3
Forum Expert
Posts: 71959
Contact
by kallis3 » Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:30 am
Good luck briggadeen, I hope they get it sorted out for you.
51 posts Page 3 of 4
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 35 guests